Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Lysholm Supercharger

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just ordered the HKS FCD................

Thats intresting.....................why :question:

check the date...................was before it was decided to go for the greddy e-manage

I did, and the boost was still .45, so the hks fcd would have been no use :winky:

well not totally relative but just an`update on my car... Its gone to paint...

A mate of mine who works for a famous paint company (they do luxury and sport cars) here in France.. Jerome Azema is doing it for an amazing price... He´s painting it tonight.. also a picture of my dash with white leds...

post-18585-1229719352.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Look forward to the pics of it looking nice and fresh Tom :D Clocks looking good to mate :D

Well there it is.. fully painted.. theres alot more pictures uploaded on my profile gallery.. including Dash, Clock/temperature display and Aircon Control bulb mods.. to match the s/c gauges. As to updated info on the supercharger, ..well theres progress on the airbox,... one found, but waiting o see how much noise it will reduce it by.... am hoping to do the engine internals at the same time when the noise solution is found, then mapping, and then an even bigger smile on my face.. :winky:

post-18585-1231628755.jpg

Look forward to the pics of it looking nice and fresh Tom :D Clocks looking good to mate :D

Well there it is.. fully painted.. uploaded pictures on my profile gallery.. including dash, clock and aircon control bulb mods.. on the supercharger, ..well theres progress on the airbox,... one found, but waiting o see how much noise it will reduce it by.... am hoping to do the engine internals at the same time when the noise solution is found, then mapping, and then an even bigger smile on my face.. :winky:

On the noise Tom, Steve was saying 70%

Car looking very nice mate :winky: will have to keep you posted on LOC, As ive been banned from prolex forums now :o

Well there it is.. fully painted.. uploaded pictures on my profile gallery.. including dash, clock and aircon control bulb mods.. on the supercharger, ..well theres progress on the airbox,... one found, but waiting o see how much noise it will reduce it by.... am hoping to do the engine internals at the same time when the noise solution is found, then mapping, and then an even bigger smile on my face.. :winky:

Car looking very nice mate :winky: will have to keep you posted on LOC, As ive been banned from prolex forums now :o

Cheers Gord...

70% seems pretty good... (i think)... :winky:

Still enjoying the TTE kit... as you'd expect..

Cheers Gord...

Yeah its Aztec again.. well as close as.. a French custom version.. :whistling:

Done by a mate.. top job...

I like the colour.. was just well worn and dull... but not anymore!

Cheers Gord...

Well it is very loud as you know, so i would still expect it to be more than the TTE set-up mate :o if you go on you tube, you can see/here some running.

Cars looking spot on Tom, looks nice and fresh mate B) Still thinking of getting mine sprayed as its starting to show its age now, plus some **** scratched my bonnet :angry:

Thanks alot aztec...

It was the stone chipping that convinced me.. looked terrible.. Def a great idea if you plan on holding on to it.. the difference (for me) is outstanding.. and of course now im proud when people are looking round it.. (not a common car in France, almost inpossible to find) :)

It does look proper shiny :D

Cheers Aido..

Got some "3M glass finish" polish from the spray shop, but havent been able to use it.. snow, snow and god damn more snow... have seen the results of the polish on the guys own wine coloured 307, and it was shockingly shiny... looked great.. come on snow.. f@#k off... haha.

Cheers Gord...

Well it is very loud as you know, so i would still expect it to be more than the TTE set-up mate :o if you go on you tube, you can see/here some running.

Yeah gord I have done this.. but not searched them with the specific airbox steve found.. wasnt sure how to gauge the noise produced from the s/c with the speaks from the laptop and youtube... but sure its a step in the right direction!

I didn't think you were supposed to polish fresh paint fella?

Well im def no expert on that, though the spray shop didnt seem to think there was any problems with it.. its had two coats of paint and two coats of laquer... then baked.. then left for a week... so. was going on what the guys said, but if anyone else knows better..... :winky:

It's me being a plonker - just looked and you can polish it - just not supposed to seal or wax it for a month or so to let the paint fully cure - maybe it's already cured in the time it's stood?

It's me being a plonker - just looked and you can polish it - just not supposed to seal or wax it for a month or so to let the paint fully cure - maybe it's already cured in the time it's stood?

Maybe... i honestly dont know anything about it to know.. but i was under the impression that the "baking" process removed the need for curing.. but again, my only info is the garage... there were four grades of laquer, i was given the premium grade so im not sure if that makes a difference, it claims to reduce stone chipping, due to the laquer keeping its rubbery characterisitcs... we´ll wait and see on that one though...

Same here mate I'm just going what I read off Google :lol:

That'd be well cool as the wings on these things are a nightmare for getting peppered and with that milage you do it'll keep it looking mint :)

Same here mate I'm just going what I read off Google :lol:

That'd be well cool as the wings on these things are a nightmare for getting peppered and with that milage you do it'll keep it looking mint :)

Exactly.. im hoping its a genuine claim.. as the IS seems to suffer alot with chipping.. its very cheap to get a full paint job over here..... Am tryin to find that bodykit (lips) with the front carbon splitter.. found it in the US but no one seems willing to ship it across.. Rod millen kit... would love to add that..

Did it take them long to get it prepped and sprayed Tom?

Well he took it on a monday evening... done the prep work himself in his own garage at home... fully sanded, filler for the small dents smoothing... then we left on that friday evening for the sprayshop where he works.. went over on the saturday to watch, just out of curiousity.. took pics etc... that was all day, with 2 coats, and 2 coats of laquer... then baked for whatever the set time is.. and then i left it there until the following friday.. i left it as i was away with work, but it was ready to collect on the monday after the paint and baking had been done on the saturday previous so all in all..... a little over a week. It was a top place.. a ferrari was getting a touch up after he´d had it 5 months due to stone chipping... ahem ahem...many class cars there, yet still a very cheap price... compared to the UK/Ireland.

Cheers for that link Aido.. checking it out now!

Yeah its on that site Aido, you reckon he´ll ship it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links