Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Alarm Activates Automatically!

Lochie

Hi all,

This is my first post but have been reading the forum several months, found truly informative and really useful, credit to all!!!! :)

Thought to ask about a strange behavior of my Lexi! When I lock the car normally with the remote, the car alarm activates after few hours! at the start I thought there was fly or something inside the car which activates the radar. So I disable the radar and lock the car. All fine then.

Now I have to switch off the Radar before locking every time. This happens for several weeks now. I have thoroughly checked the inside and there are no insects or anything. It is driving me nuts as I had to awake several times during the night to switch off the radar (3-4am!!!) :duh:

I wonder any of you encounter anything like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I seem to remember some people reporting similar things. Try the "Search" function and you might turn up a few threads on this.

I think that radio/electromagnetic interference was sometimes suggested, and also possible objects (metal items ?) left in the car ?

Welcome aboard though, the people here are a great bunch.

Thanks very much, :) There is nothing metallic/electromagnetic sources inside the car. Alarm goes off mostly in pre dawn, I’m guessing something to do with cold or temperature change? May be I’m totally stupid

Am I missing something here? did a search and couldn’t find many related posts. The two posts I found suggested replacing a wiring loom to sort out false alarming and reducing the sensitivity of the radar sensors. I guess both needs a dealer visit!

Thanks Steviewevie, I’ll try air vents trick tomorrow.

I am thinking of Gold membership as my 60k service coming up. I need to do the cam belt as well although car’s done only 30k. but its over 6 years (51- late 2001).

Hopefully I can save something with Gold? How many days it takes to get the membership card after signing up?

I am thinking of Gold membership as my 60k service coming up. I need to do the cam belt as well although car’s done only 30k. but its over 6 years (51- late 2001).

Hopefully I can save something with Gold? How many days it takes to get the membership card after signing up?

You should be able to save something from Lexus dealers with Gold membership. It takes a couple of weeks or so to get a membership card, I think they get made up in batches.

I tied with all air vents closed and set to circulate, it didn't work on mine. :shutit: was ok for one night and alarm went again in the morning with sunrise. I’m beginning to think that there is something to do with temperature change inside the car.

Any ideas?

I tied with all air vents closed and set to circulate, it didn't work on mine. :shutit: was ok for one night and alarm went again in the morning with sunrise. I’m beginning to think that there is something to do with temperature change inside the car.

Any ideas?

My Gs300 was doing similar things. After much investigation, found corroded siren was to blame. Lexus removed siren for £50+vat and now have my sanity back. If your lights flash as well (mine didn't) you may need to disable the whole system. Hope this helps.

My Gs300 was doing similar things. After much investigation, found corroded siren was to blame. Lexus removed siren for £50+vat and now have my sanity back. If your lights flash as well (mine didn't) you may need to disable the whole system. Hope this helps.

Thanks razagilani, my signal lights flash with the siren! did you replace or just removed the siren unit? what you mean by 'disable the whole system' ??

What I do now is switch off/on door lock switch 3 times to disable the radar to avoid the false alarm.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links