Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Seat Fitting And Removal

I got some new parking sensors fitted to my IS200 over the weekend, and the fitter needed to unclip the rear seat bench so he could bring a wire in from the boot compartment.

Today I've noticed that the bench is loose, you can just lift it away from the base it sits on. I can see the clip on the bodywork that the bench fixes to, and I can see the small metal loop on the bottom of the seat bench that goes into the clip. Trouble is, it's not engaging and locking into place, even with some weight on it.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? The clip has yellow plastic parts inside and doesn't seem broken in any way.

Is there a knack to getting it to lock into place, or do I need to try and get a new clip?

never heard of one breaking before mate.

try removing the seat base and re-fitting, remembering there is locating tabs at the back that have to go up behind the rear bench correctly.

You need to push the bench back uite hard to locate it in the perfect position, they also take a hard press to locate and clip in.

If not maybe the rear seat upright isn't correctly in place (easy to do if you aren't careful 3 similar clips at top of seat back).

Only 4 bolts to undo to remove so try that as well if still no luck.

See Lenny's 6x9 replacement thread here for pics...

I've just been back out and had another look, and double-checked the clip at the back of the seat as you suggested. That seemed ok (I was able to see between the cushions on the other side and check how it was supposed to go). So I gave it another go, put the hook in the clip and pushed it down. That didn't work again, but then I sat in the seat and jumped up and down and it finally clicked in place :lol:

Seems like there might have been a bit of leather in the way around the hook on the seat, and that was stopping the clip working.

Seat it now locked into place :)

Cheers Wozza!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links