Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Xcarlink | Mp3 | Ipod | Bluetooth

Is200Scott

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum for years and found it incredibly useful and great fun ( thanks LOCers! ) - so I thought I'd share my thoughts on this new little gadget I bought from eBay (£75 inc pnp from China).

I know some of you already have one of these (or the Grom alternative) - but I've not read about anyone having the Bluetooth version.

First I want to say that I have wanted something like this for AGES!!! but I have always been put off by the thought of how big a job taking the whole centre console out to get to the back of the stereo is - until I tried it today. It took me 20 minutes from start to finish, it is SO easy, there is only 4 10mm bolts to take out everything else is plug n play. (I used a walkthrough off here - as always - thanks guys!). So if that is holding any of you back then don't let it!

It's called the Xcarlink and it basically makes your standard Is200 headunit think it has a CD Autochanger plugged into it as it connects via the CD Autochanger connection on the back of your standard headunit. It allows you to play MP3s through either SD card, USB memory stick or Ipod.

As your headunit thinks the Xcarlink is a CD Autochanger you have to put your tunes in folders on the SD card or USB memory stick named CD01, CD02 etc.. upto CD12 (that is the max it will go upto). you can have upto 99 tracks in each CD folder.

The Bluetooth handsfree is very good as it links into your stereo and turns off the music while you receive calls. The sound is very clear through your speakers and the reception (I've been told by people who have called me) is fantastic! (much better than my old Sony ericsson visor one - so the misus tells me!).

So in conclusion I think this is a fantastic bit of kit, the sound is great, the Bluetooth is great and the ability to play MP3s is something the my IS has really been missing. I'm over the moon with mine :hehe:

Please note: the Bluetooth and the Ipod lead go into the same place so you can only use one or the other. however I'm told that you can get a USB to Ipod lead and use the USB part of the Xcarlink for the Ipod.

Cheers

Scott

Hi, I'm not sure about ALL Bluetooth kits but the Xcarlink has it's own mic so you do not need to use your phone, the caller's voice comes through your stereo speakers and your voice goes into the Xcarlinks Bluetooth mic (your music automatically goes off when you make/recieve a call and the comes back on when your finished).

My old sony kit (visor style - model HCB-105) had it's own speaker and mic built in and just clipped to the visor, still no need to use your phone but it didn't go through the stereo at all.

Got any pics? Does it have a display of some sort? Can it play audio via Bluetooth as well? Does the phone cut in even if you're listening to the radio or some other source?

This sounds much easier to install then when I did my bluetouch installation a while back (pretty much the same device otherwise though) so could be a good find for those needing this in their IS.

Got any pics? Does it have a display of some sort? Can it play audio via bluetooth as well? Does the phone cut in even if you're listening to the radio or some other source?

This sounds much easier to install then when I did my bluetouch installation a while back (pretty much the same device otherwise though) so could be a good find for those needing this in their IS.

I'll take some pics (just not sure how to post them - I'll sus it out tho).

As for the display, no it doesn't, it makes your stereo think it is just cd autochanger so all you get is CD01, CD02 etc on your stereo, it's not great for that. Ipod wise you just use your ipod as the screen + to control it.

Bluetooth - Not sure about that as I've not tried - I think I've seen it stated somewhere that you can play audio via it although off your mobile phone, but I'll have to give a go and let y'all know.

It does not cut off from any other source then the Xcarlink ie, Radio or normal cd - but all you have to do it press the CD button twice to go to Xcarlink source and then answer via Bluetooth (it's alot quicker than it sounds!).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links