Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"unable To Read Data. Check If Map Dvd Is Correct."

Hi,

Anyone in the UK with the RX300 2004 Reg model....Have you seen something like this on ur Sat NaV screen? I keep getting this when I insert the DVD map that ca-e wit it 2003-2004 Ver.1. I have ordered the new update disc from Lexus updates site which is 08-09Ver.1 West and still coming up with the same thing about unable to read data.

I've tried to make a new copy on a DVD+R DL since the total file from the old disc is like 6GB, which will not hold on a normal DVD-R disc....but got it working partially running wit the map loading but atimes keeps saying i shud check the disc as it maybe be damaged or dirty....reason being that i didnt burn all the files to the normal DVD-R disc as no more space to burn all files.

Does anyone have a spare copy i can use to test as the new latest disc 08-09Ver.1 West is not working as well after spending like 159 euros :-(

thanks

I did once try a copy disk in my RX300. It wirked fine until I was in the middle of Birmingham - than I got the same error message. I took the copy out!

It is a dual density disk - they hold twice the data.

I did once try a copy disk in my RX300. It wirked fine until I was in the middle of Birmingham - than I got the same error message. I took the copy out!

It is a dual density disk - they hold twice the data.

Hi thanks for repying....How did u fix the problem? Cos my original Disc is not even reading again and the new update disc 08927-00955 (2008-2009 Ver.1 which includes 3 disc, WEST, CENTRAL, EAST) are also not playing.

I've tried the procedures as listed here but still cant get anythin t work on the Verbatim DVD+R DL discs

Which disc did u use to make a copy of ur original map disc...guessing its a DVD+R DL since the total files are over 6GB, right?

http://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry110460

Creating the hybrid DVD:

1. First verify your DVD and burner will work using the steps above.

2. Copy all of your files from your 6.1 disc to your hard drive. (nothing special, just drag and drop them).

3. Replace the Loading.kiwi file in the file on your computer with the 5.x version.

4. Complete the following steps to create the image using ImgBurn:

a. If you don't have the ImgBurn software, you can get it for free from ttp://imgburn.com/

b. Start ImgBurn software.

c. From Mode menu, select Build.

d. In the Source panel, click the Browse for a Folder icon. A Browse for Folder dialog box appears.

e. Navigate to and select the directory on your computer where the files are located.

f. Click OK. The selected directory displays in the Source panel.

g. In the Destination panel, click the Browse for a file icon. The Save As dialog box appears. NOTE: You are about to create a DVD ISO image using the files copied to your hard drive, so be sure to navigate to a directory that has enough space to hold about 8 GB.

h. Navigate to the directory you want to save the image, and then type a name in the File Name field. (For example: type NavCD_hybrid)

i. Click Save. The destination you selected is displayed in the destination panel.

j. Just below the Destination panel, click the Build icon. ImgBurn creates a DVD image of the files you selected. This will take a while -- close to 1 hour for me.

5. To burn the image that you created in step 4, complete the following steps:

a. From ImgBurn, select the Mode menu, and then select Write.

b. In the Source panel, click the Browse for a File icon. A Browse for File dialog box appears.

c. Navigate to the DVD image that you created in step 4, ad select it.

d. Click Open.

e. Put your new DL DVD into your burner, and click the Write icon.

Congratulations - you should have your hybrid DVD.

I did use a Double Density disk.

I solved the problem by putting the original back in the car!

Hi Ian-Leeds

I've sent you a PM...wot do you think?

I've spent loads buying DVD+R DL disc and all not working.

I also have this same issue is their a way to sort this??

Gerry

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links