Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just got a brochure through from Lexus on the new RX300. I thought from initial reports it was going to be called the RX330, so I had a look on the US Lexus site and it seems they will be getting a different engine.

UK, 3.0 litre 201 bhp @ 5600rpm, 209 lb/ft @ 4500 rpm 0-60 mph: 9.0 seconds.

US, 3.3 litre 230 hp @ 5,600 rpm, 242 lb-ft torque @ 3,600 rpm 0-60 7.8 seconds.

Any ideas why we get the slightly smaller engine? I didn't think Lexus normally fitted different engines to UK/Europe cars (I know it took a while for us to get the IS300 and GS430)

Because the US concentrates on Cubic Inches for stats, and the UK market is more senstive to insurance premiums and fuel economy for larger engines.

Hence why the US only gets the IS300 (and not the 200).

BMW only offer the 3-series with 2.5 straight-six and above...

And just FYI, the US also gets a larger SUV, the LX430....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links