Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wow look at those prices.

Having said that, there's a reason the IS250SR manual is so cheap - the tax band. Any ideas of the price of an auto?

I don't know why I'm asking though, I shouldn't be!

All the prices are on the Lexus UK site for comparison. I thought I would never want an Auto but now I'm sold. Yes, they are in a lower tax band but would not allow that to make the difference, because £200 more is a nuisance and unjustifiable, but is a drop in the ocean of overall car expenses, and well worth it for the car you want - especially if there are "recession" bargains around. With the IS 250, I think the auto is a better car but the real deal is the MM version either way although I would never consider a diesel - but only because a lumpy, sluggish four cylinder diesel just doesn't cut it. Although diesel technology has come a long way, so has petrol and the diesel IS remains the car for those who need to do high mileage, want the badge, but don't like cars - or whose companies lease the base version for a sort of down-market prestige.

Hi, just been reading through this and appears that prices are going crazy.

Sorry if its going a little off topic, but i currently have an 06 IS250 auto with MM + 18" wheels and was looking at possibly changing my car, not particularly lexus maybe something else. It will be 3 years in July since having the car, so do you guys think it best to try and get a deal now within the next few months or wait until next year?

I'm still unsure as to what to go for, was thinking audi A5 or porsche cayman?? Wouldn't buy new, but just not sure whether to wait until next year when the prices will probably go down further however wont get as much for my Lexus, or try now??

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Sorry if its going a little off topic, but i currently have an 06 IS250 auto with MM + 18" wheels and was looking at possibly changing my car, not particularly lexus maybe something else. It will be 3 years in July since having the car, so do you guys think it best to try and get a deal now within the next few months or wait until next year?

I'm still unsure as to what to go for, was thinking audi A5 or porsche cayman?? Wouldn't buy new, but just not sure whether to wait until next year when the prices will probably go down further however wont get as much for my Lexus, or try now??

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Car sals are down >23% in Oct compard to last.

Now is probably a good time to do it - there are a plethora of nearly new exdemo's and management cars everywhere and November is normally a very quiet month....which means you get a huge choice...

Porsche - history has shown that brands like Porsche will not get hit-overall-so they might offer you a crap deal. Audi too are seeing a sales bonanza - so again you might struggle on an A5 which is in demand...

the longer you leave it, the less interested dealrs will be in taking a Lexus...which they have to pass on again through the trade...so you will be offered £500-1000 less than CAP to cover any losses they incur, unless they can pre-sell (which many can and do).

Like I've said - best to go to a dealer (any make) who have Lexus within group...

Good luck

I know for a fact Lexus will never do another oil burner

NEVER? :eerrrmm: It would be interesting to know where you obtained this info :question:

sales guy at a few lexus dealers have said they "modified 2009" model is coming out in 250 spec n 220d spec. the spec line ups are different to the current range i.e s, se, se-l n sport will be different when the new 2009 is out. supposed to be mid november!

also the co2 output on the 22d is slightly reduced whereas 250 stays same. also modified RX out next year

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Now is probably a good time to do it - there are a plethora of nearly new exdemo's and management cars everywhere and November is normally a very quiet month....which means you get a huge choice...

Porsche - history has shown that brands like Porsche will not get hit-overall-so they might offer you a crap deal. Audi too are seeing a sales bonanza - so again you might struggle on an A5 which is in demand...

the longer you leave it, the less interested dealrs will be in taking a Lexus...which they have to pass on again through the trade...so you will be offered £500-1000 less than CAP to cover any losses they incur, unless they can pre-sell (which many can and do).

Like I've said - best to go to a dealer (any make) who have Lexus within group...

Good luck

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it doesn't ideally suit me to sell just now and like you said the cars i'm interested in dont seem to be coming down in price too much.

Someone said to me that it would be better to trade in my car around March or September, something to do with the new reg etc coming out, dont know if any truth to it though?

However i may hold off just a little while longer, surely better deals on the A5 will be available since it only came out this year.

May just pay a visit to the Audi garage and see what they say??

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Good luck

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it doesn't ideally suit me to sell just now and like you said the cars i'm interested in dont seem to be coming down in price too much.

Someone said to me that it would be better to trade in my car around March or September, something to do with the new reg etc coming out, dont know if any truth to it though?

However i may hold off just a little while longer, surely better deals on the A5 will be available since it only came out this year.

May just pay a visit to the Audi garage and see what they say??

I'd say March/Sept were the wrost times to trade in as every man and his dog will be shopping for a new plate car. With a shed load of trade ins hitting the market it will hit the price of your trade in. November to January and June July are the optimum times for me. The first because the new plate period has gone and Christmas is approaching or gone. Punters have their minds on spending money on other things. The second because again the new plate novelty has gone and summer holidays/kids off school and need entertaining time arrives.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links