Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Sometimes Hard To Start When Cold?

shams

the cold will start to effect a Battery that is even just starting to deteriorate - if it only does this on cold mornings and not in the warmer afternoons ( assuming car has not been driven until afternoon) then i would say its the Battery IF the turnover is a tiny bit slower than normal.

I have started my car when the batery was really run down - the mirrors were slow to open, dash lights dim etc but it still started.

if its a case of it turns over ok but doesnt start then pump the throttle a few times before trying to start it, i have found this works.

the cold will start to effect a battery that is even just starting to deteriorate - if it only does this on cold mornings and not in the warmer afternoons ( assuming car has not been driven until afternoon) then i would say its the battery IF the turnover is a tiny bit slower than normal.

I have started my car when the batery was really run down - the mirrors were slow to open, dash lights dim etc but it still started.

if its a case of it turns over ok but doesnt start then pump the throttle a few times before trying to start it, i have found this works.

Battery is good.. its happens sometimes in the afternoon when the cars been parked for about 7/8 hrs. Ive changed the spark plugs about a week ago and it stop. I disconnected the Battery on sunday and it started doing it again but not all the time .. any clues?

Have you had the car for a while ? I have had occasional problems with my car where it turns over fine but won't fire. I haven't had that problem (touch wood, I've probably jinxed it now !) since I changed the spark plugs.

Is that the sort of problem you have, or is it something else ?

yeas i had it for 2 months now. only started doing it about a week ago. It turns over healthy but only start sometimes after 3/4 attempts. To be honest i changed th spark about a week ago and it stop untill i disconnect the Battery last sunday then it started doing it agin.. any clue??

there was posts on this last year i think it is just the norm with some 200's mine does it now and again

problem sorted. all i done is bought some injecter cleaner and cleaned the throttle body problem havnt occured since..

• 3 years later...
there was posts on this last year i think it is just the norm with some 200's mine does it now and again

problem sorted. all i done is bought some injecter cleaner and cleaned the throttle body problem havnt occured since..

Hey, just trying to troubleshoot an issue with my IS200 (2005) and stumbled across this forum. I am having the same issue. I bought my Lexus 2.5 yrs ago. Even when sunny I have had issues starting it where it takes maybe 10 seconds of turning it over (or longer) or a 2nd go for it to start. This happens very infrequently (maybe 10 times in a year). It also happens when it has been raining. Because it is so infrequent it is hard to troubleshoot. It always starts on a freezing cold morning which almost seems contradictory. Either way it always eventually starts.

Anyway, it started happening again a week ago so I figured, coming into the winter, I will buy a new Battery. Since I have put in the new Battery 2 days ago my car has hesitated when starting twice and has cut out on me 4 times as I have been driving on the motorway which is, needless to say, dangerous. It starts straight back up as I am still moving. I find it appears to cut out as I approach traffic when my foot is taken off the accelerator. I have checked that the Battery is connected firmly and correctly including getting a mechanic to check this basic Battery swap.

Next on the list now is to check the injectors as above and see does it help. Will keep you posted.

Has anyone else had this issue and, Shams, has the issue ever occurred again since you fixed the injectors?

Car spec: Lexus I200 Sport, 2005, 100k miles (bringing it in next week for timing belt etc)

Kev

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links