Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Hid Question

i still think were safe, most coppers are gonna see a lexus and assume it should have HID's anyway, its only if the see chaved up corsas n saxos they'll stop n think

OEM is usually around the 4300k mark though fella so they could just start picking on cars with 6000k and above colour temps!

When I turn on my HID's they sort of flash then settle to normal brightness, is this normal :unsure:

Yes it is the bright instant flash is the system using 23000 peak volts to ignite the spark between the electrodes in the bulb as it has no filliment this then settles down and will slowly brighten till it gets to the right temperature. takes about 8 secs to settle. totally normal

slighty :offtopic: i know but just read this!

Beginning in the early 1990s, HID lamps have been employed in motor vehicle headlamps. This application has met with mixed responses from motorists, who appreciate the improved nighttime visibility from HID headlamps but object to the glare they can cause. Internationalized European vehicle regulations require such headlamps to be equipped with lens cleaners and an automatic self-leveling system to keep the beams aimed correctly regardless of vehicle load and attitude, but no such devices are required in North America, where inherently more glaring beam patterns are also permitted. Retrofitting HID bulbs in headlamps not originally designed to accept them results in extremely high levels of glare, and is illegal throughout most of the world.[2]

on wikipedia. arse!

So there not legal :whistling: honestly Mr Officer I didn't know that I promise :lol:

You mean they weren't there when you bought the car :winky:

Still going to be an MOT problem anyway from the sounds of it.

I remember Zee had the full system fitted to his car - we're talking the HID projectors from an IS300, the OEM ballasts and levellers too.

He'd already got the washers as it was an IS200 so that was a fully legal system - really good too - more expensive than the aftermarket kits though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links