Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60k Service

Sorry to start another thread about the 60k service, but I have some slightly different questions :)

My car is a IS200 Sport, September 2004 on 60k miles. Lexus dealer has confirmed that with the car only being 4yrs old they will inspect the belt but not change it unless there's signs of wear.

I think spark plugs are done at 60k, if so is it worth getting a set of NGK iridium plugs, any good reports?

I thought it might be worth getting gearbox and diff oil done too.

With my car being out of warranty I'm going to go to an independent mechanic as I have one that I trust, is that what most people do or do you always stick with the main dealer?

60KServiceLexus.jpg
Interesting to see your service details. So at 60k they inspected the belts but didn't change them, that's what Lexus Bolton were proposing when I spoke to them. How old was the car at 60k?

If my belt inspects ok I am considering leaving it until the next service. My car is on 60k but is just over 4 years old, not 6. If there's no indication of wear on the belt I think it might be a bit premature changing it this time round.

It was Done @ Lexus Nottingham

On 15-10-07 My Lex Was Born on the 2-1-03 lol so thats the age

Mileage was 59682 when serviced

I had all my belts changed on the 25-1-08 @ All Car, millage was 63230 & cost me £240

Hope this helps :unsure:

I see so you waited till the fifth year for belts, but then the mileage was only 60k then.

Mine is at 60k now on 4 years old. I'll speak to my mechanic on Saturday and ask him to take a look at the cambelt and we'll take it from there.

Answering my own question about spark plugs, I got a set of NGK iridium plugs off eBay for £40 posted, so will be using those. Hopefully that will improve the situation where it sometimes doesn't like to start when the cars's been out in the rain and the wind is blowing a certain way.

:oops: Sorry i 4got about the plugs :blush:

Most go 4 the IK20 but i just bought SK20, IK do 30k SK do 60k

But your sorted now anyway, mine was changed @ the 60k service but iv changed them again even though they only did 15k as sometimes u wounder did they realy change them :unsure: when they came out 1 was a bit yellow round the bottom.

Yeah these are the IK20's I've got on order. Hoping to gain another 0.5bhp :lol:

I'm a bit confused... I thought the IK20 plugs are made by Denso and not NGK?

I ordered some NGK ones on eBay for my IS200 which are type IFR6T11 (4589)and are supposedly SK20 equivalents. Think I got the right ones, they are described as iridium so hope they will last 60k. Haven't had them fitted yet so can't comment on them...

Yeah these are the IK20's I've got on order. Hoping to gain another 0.5bhp :lol:

I'm a bit confused... I thought the IK20 plugs are made by Denso and not NGK?

I ordered some NGK ones on eBay for my IS200 which are type IFR6T11 (4589)and are supposedly SK20 equivalents. Think I got the right ones, they are described as iridium so hope they will last 60k. Haven't had them fitted yet so can't comment on them...

Yeah most go 4 Denso mine r Denso

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links