Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Overfueling And Running Rough, Came On Sudenly

I'm reposting here, as well as the the main forum, as it seem a bit more technical here, apologies for double posting, but I need some help on this one, trying everything

My engine is running very rough, almost no power, got home in clouds of smoke, both cats were red hot and glowing under the car, bit scarry.

I was sitting at the lights, about 1 minute after starting, when the idle suddenly dropped, and the engine went rough. Limped home, and checked the error codes (its a '92 ) 21 and 28, which according to a note I picked up on this or the American board, is both oxygen sensors, and a 63 from the o/d light, which is open or short on no.2 solenoid.

Started the car again, still running rough

I had the same codes 3 days ago, which was the first time I had checked them and I cleared them, so they are not old codes.

I figure the oxy sensor codes could be down to the lpg conversion?

I was on LPG when the problem started, and I switched to petrol for the 10 minute run home.

I had the air cleaner and air flow sensor assembly off prior, as I was fixing the leak at the power steering pump. The car started fine and did the 10 minute run out with no problems.

The car is new to me, only had the car a few weeks, so not overly familiar with it, other than reading lots on this forum.

Hopefully someone will recognise the symptoms, any info very gratefully received

I'm reposting here, as well as the the main forum, as it seem a bit more technical here, apologies for double posting, but I need some help on this one, trying everything

My engine is running very rough, almost no power, got home in clouds of smoke, both cats were red hot and glowing under the car, bit scarry.

I was sitting at the lights, about 1 minute after starting, when the idle suddenly dropped, and the engine went rough. Limped home, and checked the error codes (its a '92 ) 21 and 28, which according to a note I picked up on this or the American board, is both oxygen sensors, and a 63 from the o/d light, which is open or short on no.2 solenoid.

Started the car again, still running rough

I had the same codes 3 days ago, which was the first time I had checked them and I cleared them, so they are not old codes.

I figure the oxy sensor codes could be down to the lpg conversion?

I was on LPG when the problem started, and I switched to petrol for the 10 minute run home.

I had the air cleaner and air flow sensor assembly off prior, as I was fixing the leak at the power steering pump. The car started fine and did the 10 minute run out with no problems.

The car is new to me, only had the car a few weeks, so not overly familiar with it, other than reading lots on this forum.

Hopefully someone will recognise the symptoms, any info very gratefully received

Just back in from re-checking everything I did recently, looked for anything unusual, reseated a few connectors round about where I was last working, and it still runs rough and a very strong smell of pertol from the exhausts.

Both downpipes got warm, though, so its not as if one bank has quit. I just did this as I was sitting at the traffic lights, beats me, for the moment

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links