Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just had a call from Lexus to say my T reg GS300 has got a slight wobble on the rear wheels and it needs new hubs and bearings, a total of 8 hours labour plus parts. They haven't worked out the cost yet (or wouldn't tell me over the phone).

Anyone fancy taking a guess in advance?

£?

Just had a call from Lexus to say my T reg GS300 has got a slight wobble on the rear wheels and it needs new hubs and bearings, a total of 8 hours labour plus parts. They haven't worked out the cost yet (or wouldn't tell me over the phone).

Anyone fancy taking a guess in advance?

£?

Labour will be knocking on the door of £800 + VAT I expect. Parts probably £600'ish + VAT on top at a guess.

Wow. For a T reg car with 92k on the clock I can't see the justification for forking out over £1500.

Makes you wonder how a car with a FSH and that was checked by lexus just a few months ago and had a resounding seal of approval now has £1500 worth of repairs!

Yup, I know what you mean. Lexus quoted £1100 for a head gasket job on my Mk1 with 200,000 on the clock, also £940 for the rear crank oil seal last year. Shop around a bit, in the end the head gasket job cost me £600 all in, and the oil seal £314 all in. A pretty big saving, albeit still a lot of cash on an old car.

Just collected the car....£1800 for the repairs.

What a shame, my beloved Lexus is now going to be traded in for peanuts and I'm having to swap a gorgeous car for some horrible Golf Diesel or something equally dull.

Not sure what happened to Lexus being the most reliable car on the planet - I've had mine 8 months and had more problems with it than I had with a Rover 75...and that's saying something.

Ouch.

Must admit, I've had much more trouble with my Lex in 2 years and 60,000 miles than I had in 8 years and 210,000 miles in the BMW E36 325 Coupe I had before.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links