Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now I'm not usually a numpty, however...

I've just spent £8.31 at my local stealership on a new wiper rubber for my LS400. I parked the wipers at the 12 oclock position and switched off the engine, then I noticed that I can't lift the arm because it catches on the bonnet.

First question, what do I need to do to lift the wiper arm away from the screen?

Anyway, lifting it slightly off the screen I then slide the knackered rubber from the wiper which leaves me with a thin metal strip left in the wiper, can I assume this needs to be removed so I can fit the replacement rubber? I assume I do as the new one won't fit otherwise!

My next concern is that the new rubber doesn't seem to have any 'metal' support like the old one has, is this ok?

My last question is that the new rubber has a round bit at one end, I assume this is to stop it from sliding out when in use, I also assume that it faces downwards when the wipers are facing upwards?

Sorry for the basic questions!!

Now I'm not usually a numpty, however...

I've just spent £8.31 at my local stealership on a new wiper rubber for my LS400. I parked the wipers at the 12 oclock position and switched off the engine, then I noticed that I can't lift the arm because it catches on the bonnet.

First question, what do I need to do to lift the wiper arm away from the screen?

Anyway, lifting it slightly off the screen I then slide the knackered rubber from the wiper which leaves me with a thin metal strip left in the wiper, can I assume this needs to be removed so I can fit the replacement rubber? I assume I do as the new one won't fit otherwise!

My next concern is that the new rubber doesn't seem to have any 'metal' support like the old one has, is this ok?

My last question is that the new rubber has a round bit at one end, I assume this is to stop it from sliding out when in use, I also assume that it faces downwards when the wipers are facing upwards?

Sorry for the basic questions!!

to change the wiper switch on igntion and wipers and then switch off ignition as soon as the reach the end of the stroke - you should have plenty of access then - some refills have metal back or plastic back and they also should have some sort of locking clip at one end to prevent the wiper from slipping out.

With regards to the price paid i can tell you we buy these in at 12 pence for a 28 inch refill!! - you could of picked them up alot cheaper online.

HTH

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links