Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When driving on the motorway at say 50mph+ the car won't enguage Battery only drive. I assume there is a speed above which it won't opperate.

Now sometimes, after being on the motorway for a while and then going back to slow speed on the A-roads, the car still won't work in Battery only mode only, any accelaration however light turns the engine on.

When the car is stopped for a couple of seconds and then moving again, it's still the same.

However, if the car is stopped for a while say at lights, a judder can be felt a while after stopping, asif the engine has just stopped (despite the screen display showing the engine not running before the shudder). After this has happened the car will happilly run on batter only mode again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Care to comment?

I think I have experienced this- although what do you mean by on the motorway for a while? I always thought that it was being a little lead footed. What mode have you got the car in - Hybrid normal and normal suspension setting (ie not sport)?

Paul

Suspension normal and performance normal, neither on sport setting.

I tried flipping from normal to power and back again, doesn't seem to make an difference to the effect I described.

When I say "A while", it's about 10 to 15 minutes of smooth efficient motorway driving between 60 and, er I better say 70mph, don't want to incriminate myself. Anyway nothing stupid, just normal motorway speeds.

I think I had the issue, but not after smooth, efficient motorway driving (it can be a struggle on the m4 where I live).

I will monitor it this week, as I do a similair journey to my office, although on the day of your original post, I had just done that and Battery worked as expected (ie left the motorway and then used batter only mode immediately)

Paul

I'm starting to wonder if there is an issue with the car.

The engine feels like it's continuing to run after the computer has told it to swithch off. I mentioned that there is a judder as the engine shuts down. Dirrectly before this, it feels asif it's spluttering and running badly and the vibrations car be felt through the car.

It reminds me of some old cars that used to keep running for a few seconds when the ignition key had been removed.

I've no idea if this is normal for this car or not.

I spent the day on and off fast roads, so was careful to see how mine behaved. It did not behave as yours does. I put it under reasonable motorway load for 10 mins, then managed to get into Battery mode on the slip road and keep using it where appropriate.

Later, I put the car under heavy load along the motorway and managed to get straight back into Battery mode - so I guess for me it comes down to learning some finesse over the time I have owned the car.

Paul

Im sure the Battery mode only opperates to around 30mph, and when your off the power.

If you blast it off the line, or even down a motorway, it combines the Battery and engine - that is what gives you the 300+BHP.

When i have been in one, the Battery only seams to work when going from the line quite slow, and not using power or slowing down.

Also, ive only noticed a judder when the engine is firing back up from the lights, not going off

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links