Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Light

No the fan cools the coolent.

butif your oils not moving about the engine then thats gonna get hot

But what does the coolent cool? just about everything... if the coolent isn't dissipating the heat adequately, then the engine block, head and the oil that is inside will get hot... Since this is an issue that is potentially as harmfull as low oil pressure and may well be a contributing factor to the low oil pressure, then it needs addressing.... If a pressure gauge be fitted to the oil pump and the pressure is proven to be low, does this prove that the oil pump is faulty or just that the oil pressure is low, possibly caused by excessive wear in the bearings but no one has mentioned this yet.

A faulty cooling fan can also seriously mess up the air con too

It pays to sort the factors that we know are wrong, if the car runs hot, then this should be fixed and then move on to any issues which remain... surly

goona start with the fan and make sure its working right first and move on from there. not driving the car at the min because of this. thanks for all the help and info. i'l let use no how i get on, many thanks

discovered last nite when looking round the engine bay that the temperature sensor for the radiator was unplugged. the pins in the plug had corroded and so the plug dropped off. therefore the fan wasnt kicking in as the car was getting too warm and the engine was heatng up when idling. this i hope was the cause of the low oil pressure light coming on, because the engine and oil was so warm that the pressure dropped. hopefully will have problem sorted by the weekend

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links