Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebc Pads

I need to replace my warped discs and thought if I replace them, than why not get better ones :whistling: I have decided on Turbo Grooved discs but I am unsure on what pads. Some people have told me to go with green stuff as the car has under 200bhp, But with the car being quite heavy would Red stuff be better?

If anyone has got the turbo grooved discs could they post a picture please or direct me to one as I want to have a look before I buy.

Cheers guys.

I need to replace my warped discs and thought if I replace them, than why not get better ones :whistling: I have decided on Turbo Grooved discs but I am unsure on what pads. Some people have told me to go with green stuff as the car has under 200bhp, But with the car being quite heavy would Red stuff be better?

If anyone has got the turbo grooved discs could they post a picture please or direct me to one as I want to have a look before I buy.

Cheers guys.

EBC pads in general are about the worst aftermarket pad i've seen. Green are too soft, i've seen the friction material disintergrate on heavy road/light track use. Red needs temperature to get working and will give poor braking when cold, like when you first head off or after driving without much use (like motorways).

The new yellow compound is supposed to be much better, and good for road and use on heavier cars although i've not tried it.

Personally, i like Ferrodo pads, DS2500 are very good, mintex (1144 i think) are commonly recommended too.

The EBS discs however are very good, well priced and i've seen them hold up very well under extreme use (even high powered Evo's on track) but they're also great day to day.

There's a lot of pad options out there, and it can be a very personal thing as to what you like/don't like. Personally i like a combination of Ferrrodo DS2500 pads with EBC discs, it gives good, reliable performance on the road and track. I know that track use can seem a bit extreme, but Lexus car tend to be heavy with a decent amount of power to a stronger pad is useful even on the road.

As a side note actually warping discs is very difficult and rare. Generally vibration is caused by pads deposits on the surface. This can happen, particularly if the brakes are regularly used lightly. Sometimes doing a couple of very hard stops (in a safe place of course) can scrape the discs clean and alleviate any vibration.

Cheers for all the replies some great advice as ever.

dral- I understand what you are saying about personal choice and feel so I guess giving them a go cant hurt. I have only ever driven on standard discs and pads so this is my first time. The discs are certainly warped which im not impressed at only after 900miles :tsktsk:

All I have to do now is wait till pay day :blush:

Got turbo groove discs and red stuff pads, you can't really see them through the standard 5spoke rims to be fair. Unless your up close.

Great performance, but when your bedding them in make sure you clean your wheels often. Also if you've been caining it, coz the brake dust sticks like mad to your wheels.

Although now they are bedded in they don't create much dust.

I posted pics up when I fitted mine, will be about if you do a search.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links