Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Phonebook Number And Passcode

Hi all

I'd like to save an entry in the phonebook on my new IS250 which will dial my work phone number, pause and then dial the passcode needed to retrieve voicemails.

I've tried the "pause" button on the screen used to enter numbers into the phonebook. This simply dials the phone number and stops. Including the "wait" button in a phonebook entry is a little better because then after the system dials the phone number, you can hit the 0-9 key to send the passcode. Alternatively I know I could save the passcode separately as speedtone, but both these alternatives involve a number of key presses whereas on my previous Bluetooth handsfree I was able to do this in a single step.

I've found posts by a couple of people asking this same question on USA Lexus owners forums but no replies or solutions.

Many thanks

Roger

I've tried a few more experiments and still haven't been able to solve this problem.

Retrieving voice mails and dialling other systems that require passcodes must surely be a very common use for the Lexus Bluetooth hands free phone system?

As my phone is a 5 year old Sony Ericisson phone and, although it seems to work well with the Lexus Bluetooth system, I'm wondering whether a new phone might solve the problem. Therefore, I'd be really interested to hear if anyone has got this "p" feature working and, if so, on which phone?

Best regards

Roger

Have you tried storing the number with the pauses in your phone and then sending the entry to the car kit? Or is that what you are doing?

I reckon that's only going to work if the old Sony Ericsson is one of the (very few) bits of kit that will actually exchange data with the horrible Lexus Bluetooth system - you might have to borrow a late model S/E (or upgrade!) to do it.

Neither my Iphone nor a selection of Nokias will do so absolutely everything has to be entered into the car's system - I still struggle to come to terms with Lexus being so out of date in this area!

I already had all the speed dials set up on my phone and, although it's 5 years old, it seems to work well with the Lexus Bluetooth system and I successfully bulk transferred all the phonebook entries including those containing "p". However, these phonebook entries suffer the same problem as those entered directly into the Lexus, i.e. the number is dialled but nothing after the "p" is sent. Using this phone with my previous Bluetooth system to retrieve voice mails was a simple one button operation.

I'm wondering whether a new phone might solve the problem so I'd be really interested to hear if anyone has got this "p" feature working.

I've now tried a new Nokia phone. I setup a phonebook entry in the Nokia which included the phone number, a "p" pause and my voicemail access code. I successfully transferred this into the Lexus Bluetooth phonebook. But this phonebook entry simply dialled the phone number, stopped at the pause and didn't send the voicemail access code. In other words the Nokia worked exactly the same as my old Sony Ericisson.

I think this confirms the problem is with the Lexus Bluetooth system, unless anyone has a phone they use with their Lexus to dial numbers, pauses and voicemail access codes?

Does anyone know of a means of contacting someone at Lexus technical support who might be able to help with this type of issue?

It sounds like there is a problem there, might be worth calling/writing to Lexus GB and trying to escalate it up to a technical department to see if there is a fix.

Although seeing as there is that "speedtone" thing on there, it looks like they either couldn't make it work or couldn't be bothered so implemented that instead.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links