Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Member - Clutch Noise Question

Have just purchased an IS 250 Se-I O8 model 6200 miles on the clock. It drives well, although I have a few issues with the clutch. It ocassionally makes a rattling noise when taking off in first gear and when I release the clutch in neutral it makes a whining sound - like a worn release bearing sound that I have had in other cars over the years when the bearing was worn. Is this sound normal for an IS 250? There is also a faint rattle from the engine and they are supposed to be so quite!!!! Any views please.

I have a manual 220d, and have that exact noise... It is normal on the 220d, so im assuming it is normal for the 250 manual. Regarding the engine noise, the petrol engine should always be very quiet

I don't want to worry you but I can't say I've ever detected any noises like you describe from the clutch on my 250! It is an older car though, so maybe there is a difference in the design or something.

Perhaps other 250 owner can comment and we can get a concensus!

I don't want to worry you but I can't say I've ever detected any noises like you describe from the clutch on my 250! It is an older car though, so maybe there is a difference in the design or something.

Perhaps other 250 owner can comment and we can get a concensus!

My 220 d has the same clutch noise,

Mrs Jeromes 06 250 (20k) doesn't have the noise

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links