Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Please Rx300 Owners

Hey Guys,

I have had my 2006 RX300 since feb 2009 & its just come out of warranty, however recently i noticed it has started to roll back when on a hill & in D... is this normal? I work for a car dealership so i will have to get them to look @ it but i didnt think autos should roll back, i just bloody drive the thing but this issue has got me worried. Gearbox oil change has been done @ 40 k & its just had a service as it is on 50K now.

Please let me know what you think or im i just being a girly girl? lol

Depending on actually how steep the climb is, it is perfectly normal for the car to roll back, even in D, if you keep the engine just idling.

You might check if there's a climb where you used to stand still with engine idling and now you roll back in the same conditions.

As for the transmission service, the automatic transmission is subject to wearing and loosing micro-debris in its oil. Therefore, the oil gets somehow thicker and, with normal use, tends to work well even if it is "old" in terms of mileage and/or time.

Because of this, my mechanic does not recommend to change the oil without major service to the gears and tranny: the combination of new oil and old gears might just not work properly.

But this is just an opinion (though it makes sense to me); furthermore, you've already changed the oil so it is not something to worry about anymore.

Mine will hold its own on a moderately steep hill, but on what I would call a very steep hill it can roll back slowly......and will of course creep forward on the level.

Best regards David

Can't recall if ours does this but if the consensus is that this is normal then I'd go with that.

As for the ATF Lexus change it as a matter of routine every 30K miles methinks. Ours had it done at 30K and then again at 60K miles.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links