Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Please

I am noticing a grinding/rough type noise at low speeds. It seems to disappear when I press the clutch. Clutch not slipping, and I don't notice it when I reach normal speed. Any ideas guys/gals??

Cheers

Col... :winky: :unsure:

I am noticing a grinding/rough type noise at low speeds. It seems to disappear when I press the clutch. Clutch not slipping, and I don't notice it when I reach normal speed. Any ideas guys/gals??

Cheers

are your brakes alright get the pads checked ,

Cheers

Yep, just had diff' oil changed and disc and pads checked. ??????

col

Cheers

col

could be the gearbox bearings or clutch

Cheers

col

could be the gearbox bearings or clutch

Gearbox oil changed and all fully serviced.. I thinl you might have hit the nail on the head with the clutch?? but, which bit??

Cheers

hi does the noise go if you just rest your foot on the clutch pedal

i have this problem aswell i think! does it happen when you've just changed gear and start to accelerate aswell? im still not sure what it is but its not the clutch as ive just had it replaced, does it vibrate a bit aswell? sorry i cant help you matey but maybe someone else on here will hav a few ideas ;)

i have this problem aswell i think! does it happen when you've just changed gear and start to accelerate aswell? im still not sure what it is but its not the clutch as ive just had it replaced, does it vibrate a bit aswell? sorry i cant help you matey but maybe someone else on here will hav a few ideas ;)

No fibration Adam. I have to slow down for all the speed bumps in my road. I notice it most then. I hear it, then when I press the clutch, it seems to go away. A friend, (rather aquaintance) said it might be the release bearing????

Col.. :unsure:

No fibration Adam. I have to slow down for all the speed bumps in my road. I notice it most then. I hear it, then when I press the clutch, it seems to go away. A friend, (rather aquaintance) said it might be the release bearing????

so it does it when you have slowed down and start to accelerate, but is then normal when up to speed again? stilll sounds like what ive got but mine must be worse as it vibrates all over the show as well lol :o , may well be the release bearing, what ever that is haha :P

so it does it when you have slowed down and start to accelerate, but is then normal when up to speed again? stilll sounds like what ive got but mine must be worse as it vibrates all over the show as well lol :o , may well be the release bearing, what ever that is haha :P

Wish Ormi or someone in the know would comment on this one. These little things get up my schnoz and would love to get it pinned down and fixed Adam. I'm glad I don't get the vibration that you do mate.

Col... :winky: :)

sorry mate not been looking at much gettin ready for going to egypt...

sounds like your release bearing is breaking up reason being when their is no pressure on the pedal you hear the noise but when you put pressure on the pedal it goes away.

does it make the noise at idle?(foot off the clutch?)

sounds like your release bearing is breaking up reason being when their is no pressure on the pedal you hear the noise but when you put pressure on the pedal it goes away.

Don't notice on idle Ormi, only when moving??? Is that an indicator that it is the RL bearing.

You'll love Egypt, just don't let the local hassle get to you.

Col... :)

Don't notice on idle Ormi, only when moving??? Is that an indicator that it is the RL bearing.

if it was really far gone you would hear the noise on idle.heres a idea phone your local dealer and ask if they do a vsr(vehicle safety report)which is free at my dealer and when you go in say you have a noise that conserns you and they will look at that as part of the vsr(then you could go to a cheaper garage and get it repaired) coz i'd hate to say it was something and it turns out to be something else thats the crap thing about noises you think its one thing and it turns out to be something very different.anyway you can record the noise? :unsure:

if it was really far gone you would hear the noise on idle.heres a idea phone your local dealer and ask if they do a vsr(vehicle safety report)which is free at my dealer and when you go in say you have a noise that conserns you and they will look at that as part of the vsr(then you could go to a cheaper garage and get it repaired) coz i'd hate to say it was something and it turns out to be something else thats the crap thing about noises you think its one thing and it turns out to be something very different.anyway you can record the noise? :unsure:

I'll try the Lexus dealer as you suggest mate. Don't have anything to record it!! Maybe I'll turn the radio up or get ear plugs.... LOL

:winky:

I'll try the Lexus dealer as you suggest mate. Don't have anything to record it!! Maybe I'll turn the radio up or get ear plugs.... LOL

:winky:

noticed you have had all your oil changed??is this when the noises started??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links