Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Baby Could Be Dead!

AKY-B

I AM in mourning.My 430 was in a 'sandwich' the other week.Sods law ,i drive 50k a year for work and on my day off i get hit due to IDIOTS on the road.THERE is mainly rear damage and insurers want to write it off! :crybaby:

Waiting for more info.p.s. driving MERC E CLASS( :crybaby::crying: )

I'm gutted for you mate, even more so if you're stuck with a Merc.

Trouble with insurance companies is they look at the retail price of the parts needed for the repair and the cost soon outweighs the value of the car.

Can you increase the claim value because of the LPG?

I'm gutted for you mate, even more so if you're stuck with a Merc.

Trouble with insurance companies is they look at the retail price of the parts needed for the repair and the cost soon outweighs the value of the car.

Can you increase the claim value because of the LPG?

thanks mate.the engineer missed that it was a lpg car(i wasnt there) they will get back to me

How badly damaged is the car? I wouldn't have thought a normal sort of pile up crash would outvalue a 2002 LS430, so is there chassis damage?

thanks for the support guys. the car is a category'd' write off.no chassis damage.new boot,rear bumper,nearside 3/4 panel,front grille and some paint! i am negotiating the salvage cost offered

Bad news in deed. The good news is that if the accident is the fault of a 3rd party you have the right to insist that the other parties insurance company repairs the damage to your car. Not just write it off.

If the accident was the fault of someone else and you would rather have your own car back, write to your insurance company and the other parties insurance company informing them that you insist on having your car repaired and returned to you in its pre accident condition. You have the right to this even if its not economical to repair in teh opinion of the insurance company.

If you dont want your original car back dont accept the first offer they give you. It will almost certainly be too low. A friend of mine, some years ago, had his knacked old vauxhall smashed up by another car (probable value a couple of hundred quid). He rejected the initial offer the insurance company made and put things in the hands of a solicitor. 12 months later they paid out a massive sum for the car and the time delay in settling his claim. He used the money to buy a 3 or 4 years old vauxhall. Result!!

PS. grit your teath about the merc. you`ll soon be back in a proper luxury car.

• 3 months later...
I AM in mourning.My 430 was in a 'sandwich' the other week.Sods law ,i drive 50k a year for work and on my day off i get hit due to IDIOTS on the road.THERE is mainly rear damage and insurers want to write it off! :crybaby:

Waiting for more info.p.s. driving MERC E CLASS( :crybaby::crying: )

What is the current status of your 430. Your in Reading did you ufix it or get rid of????

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links