Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Never Thought It Would Happen To Me, But It Did (error 3)

Hi guys!

I've read all the horror stories on this site, but i never thought my radio would break. Anyway this morning i decided to change some cd-s in my box as i haven't done it for a few months. I had 4 cd-s in my box and i added one. A strange schreeching sound followed and then error 3 appeared. What is also interesting is that it doesn't show that there are 5 cd-s in the box but 4. My IS is a 2004, so it has the newer radio.

Anyway what should i do? I've read that it's quite expensive or impossible to fix it so I'm thinking a huge hammer to get my cd-s back and a new alpine radio. Or is there anyway to fix it?

In the UK, Lexus extended the warranty on the headunits to 5 years. Does the same apply to your country?

The options are:

1. Repair the unit (Expensive- costs about £250 in the UK and chances are it will ERR3 again).

2. Replace the Lexus unit with a aftermarket unit of your choice.

3. If you have an ipod get yourself a grom kit from ebay- you can control the ipod through the Lexus headunit.

Is yours a top loading CD unit or a bottom CD loading unit?

The unit is a top loading unit. As for the warranty, i really don't have a clue. I'm going to Lexus Estonia tommorrow to find out.

Hoping for the best :crybaby:

P.S How hard is it to install the ipod kit. This might actually be a better idea than an aftermarket radio, because I really like the stock look of my IS200.

The unit is a top loading unit. As for the warranty, i really don't have a clue. I'm going to Lexus Estonia tommorrow to find out.

P.S How hard is it to install the ipod kit. This might actually be a better idea than an aftermarket radio, because I really like the stock look of my IS200.

my lexus extende warranty ran out last year and before the message came and my warranty ran out, i made them change it so i have the further 5 years warranty

i have the further 5 years warranty

Are you sure? I thought you only get a further 12 months warranty on the replacement unit from Lexus?

I installed the grom last week all by myself ....if i can do it (using the most excellent step by step guide on here) then anyone can !!!

• 2 months later...
I installed the grom last week all by myself ....if i can do it (using the most excellent step by step guide on here) then anyone can !!!

how do you install this grom kit? what do you need for installation? is it only the cable?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GROM-AXXESS-METRA-PE...=item439ac84497

if so, how to connect it to the stock radio? :)

Edit: Thanks. Have managed to find the guide here on the forum myself :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links