Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I haven't given much thought to the power meter before today, other than looking at it when breaking to see the needle move into the blue energy recovery section.

So today on the way home I wondered how high it would go. Foot to the floor on motorway entry it jumps up to 160kW and stays there. The dial on the meter runs all the way upto about 275kW.

It wouldn't go any higher, tried power mode and traction control off, while running from 50mph upwards on the motorway, again with foot to the floor.

160kW is about 215hp. The car is supposed to do 341hp which is 254kW.

Have any of you with the car tried this? What is the result?

Now I'm worried there's something wrong with either the guage or worse, the car is only giving 215hp.

Just been out and tried it on your behalf lol

240Kw before I headed home for clean pants. :whistling:

All I can think of in your case was that the traction Battery was at zero bars so you were getting power from the ICE alone. Try it a few more times under different circumstances and see. I looked at mine and it was showing over half full before I tried flooring it.

Doesn't 100 come up quick when you have your foot on the carpet?

PS, that's 100km/hr btw :winky:

Malc

:) sounds like you had some fun.

Thanks for trying and the fast reply.

Now I have a reference point 240Kw, that's more like what would be expected, thx.

The Battery was on 6 out of 8 I think, anyway the highest before the top two bars.

I've had the Battery flat a few times after slow stop start up hill in heavy trafic. Accelaration is noticably lower then.

As for how fast 100 comes up. It feels fast to me, but this is the fastest car I've driven so I don't any direct comparisons.

It feels faster than the IS250 I had previously, but without getting a stopwatch out and doing a 0-62 test, the sense of accelaration is very subjecive.

The speed certainly does rise fast, and what's more impressive is there is no impression that it's going to stop accelarating fast any time soon. It feels like the 155mph limit would come fairly quickly.

Even more impressive is how quiet the car is at 100 and above, still easy to talk and be easily heard.

Makes you wonder what the top speed would be if unlimited.

Anyway I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens, I hit the motorway every day so can test it fairly safely.

The car is going in for service soon. I'll ask them to check it when its in. Some poor guy will have to take the car out and rag it for a while. Must be a tough job at times.

I'm with you - it's the fastest thing I've ever driven. It's my mid-life crisis car - I figure it's easy to get in and out of lol

Sounds like my Battery theory is off target then!

If it's under warranty they should fix whatever the problem is. If you want to check the 0-60 time you could set up a camera pointing at the dash then work out the timing when you get home. Got to better than messing with a stopwatch. It's on my to do list when I get time and a clear bit of road.

The limit on the Prius was based on the limitations of the transmission/motors. I wonder if this is the same? Not that the limit is ever going to be an issue with me.

Just another thought - there's nothing jamming under the throttle pedal is there? Like carpet?

Malc

Heh, mid life crysis. The 450h seems sensible to me. Fairly good fuel ecconomy, fast, comfortable, 4 usable seats, reliable, very safe, super smooth accelaration.

Heh, but it does have a 0-62 time better than the New Focus RS, lol.

Mid life crisis would be Tvr Griffith 500, Porche Carrera, Evo X, Caterham, maybe ISF.

Actually I would like an ISF, and a Caterham is probably small enough to fit between the junk in the garage as a second car for weekends during the summer.

The 450h is the sensible single car option.

There's nothing under the throtle pedle. I've been pushing the throtle three quatters of the way down since I got the car. Pushing it the rest of the way today makes no difference.

Maybe the problem lies there. Is the computer recognising the difference between 3/4 and 4/4 throtle?

Yes the car is still under warentee.

Heh, mid life crysis. The 450h seems sensible to me. Fairly good fuel ecconomy, fast, comfortable, 4 usable seats, reliable, very safe, super smooth accelaration.

Mid life crisis would be Tvr Griffith 500, Porche Carrera, Evo X, Caterham, maybe ISF.

Actually I would like an ISF, and a Caterham is probably small enough to fit between the junk in the garage as a second car for weekends during the summer.

There's nothing under the throtle pedle. I've been pushing the throtle three quatters of the way down since I got the car. Pushing it the rest of the way today makes no difference.

Maybe the problem lies there. Is the computer recognising the difference between 3/4 and 4/4 throtle?

Have you noticed the rear tyre wear, it is directly linked to this large power metre mine ate Pirelli P Zeros in 18,000 mostly motorway miles so now we are a little more gentle with the throttle ! Put it back on O/E Bridgestones in the hope they are more able to cope with the Battery weight.

Take it easy Tony

Have you noticed the rear tyre wear, it is directly linked to this large power metre mine ate Pirelli P Zeros in 18,000 mostly motorway miles so now we are a little more gentle with the throttle ! Put it back on O/E Bridgestones in the hope they are more able to cope with the battery weight.

Take it easy Tony

I have some Goodyear GSD3s on the back that went on about 6k miles back....we shall see :shifty:

Have you noticed the rear tyre wear, it is directly linked to this large power metre mine ate Pirelli P Zeros in 18,000 mostly motorway miles so now we are a little more gentle with the throttle ! Put it back on O/E Bridgestones in the hope they are more able to cope with the battery weight.

Take it easy Tony

I have some Goodyear GSD3s on the back that went on about 6k miles back....we shall see :shifty:

It was quite strange, she came out of that service we spoke of showing 6mm of traed on rears, got a puncture 5,000 miles later only to be told " cant fix that no tread ! " I was amazed and best part of £400 less well off. My tyre supplier tells me the Bridgestones are built to carry the load and that is why the previous tyres gave up so we will see. Shame they run on 18 inch rims as 17 inch tyres are half the price Hey Ho !

Tony

Take it easy Tony

It was quite strange, she came out of that service we spoke of showing 6mm of traed on rears, got a puncture 5,000 miles later only to be told " cant fix that no tread ! " I was amazed and best part of £400 less well off. My tyre supplier tells me the Bridgestones are built to carry the load and that is why the previous tyres gave up so we will see. Shame they run on 18 inch rims as 17 inch tyres are half the price Hey Ho !

Tony

PS getting the fancy I pod intergration kit (non Lexus ) with aux input and DAD tuner fitted on Monday will let you know how it goes

I haven't given much thought to the power meter before today, other than looking at it when breaking to see the needle move into the blue energy recovery section.

So today on the way home I wondered how high it would go. Foot to the floor on motorway entry it jumps up to 160kW and stays there. The dial on the meter runs all the way upto about 275kW.

It wouldn't go any higher, tried power mode and traction control off, while running from 50mph upwards on the motorway, again with foot to the floor.

160kW is about 215hp. The car is supposed to do 341hp which is 254kW.

Have any of you with the car tried this? What is the result?

Now I'm worried there's something wrong with either the guage or worse, the car is only giving 215hp.

Mine hits the top of the power meter easily (maybe a bit too easily :whistling: ) Take the car to your dealer and get them to check that all the power cells are ok. Maybe a couple of them are dead and thats limiting your peak voltage to the motor.

I've been trying to recreate the problem over the past few days and can't. I't appears to be working correctly now.

Was it only a coincidence that the first day I decided to check was the only day on which the problem occured?

The only explanation I can think of, is the cars' computer adapts to driving style and gave back full accelaration the next day when it became obvious that it would be requested regularly.

Heh, it still gave 33mpg on the tank despite lots of foot to the floor tests.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links