Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Can I Remove Mark On Seat?

I have an annoying mark on my driver's seat. Don't know what caused it, and when I've tried to clean it with a car upholstery cleaner it looks like its completely gone - while damp - but as soon as the seat fully dries up its back again. Have also tried no wet wonderfoam, but no success. Here's a photo:

Seat_mark_1.jpg

And yet, taken at the same time from the other side, you cant see a mark!:

Seat_mark_3.jpg

Yet, stroking the escaine to change the direction of the nap makes no difference. Took it into my dealer and the valeting guy used his "secret formula" for which he said "if this doesn't get it out nothing will!" Unfortunately that didn't remove it either! He wasn't sure what it was either, but suggested maybe the seat has got slightly scored, possibly from studs on back of jeans. That sounded possible, but apart from the fact no matter how closely you look you cant see any sort of scratch/score, I later checked all my jeans and discovered there are no rivets on the back pockets!

It's driving me crazy :crybaby: Anyone got any suggestions for how this might be removed/fixed?

Gareth

You'll probably find that the poor animal that gave it's life to manufacture your upholstery, found itself face down with it's "BUM" in the air, when they cut the material, thus giving the appearance of a "BUM CRACK" smack bang in the middle of your seat. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yack:

:D :D :D Nice one! But I should clarify - seat was perfect as new. This mark only appeared recently so it must be some kind of stain or scratch caused by me - I've just no idea what exactly it is, or how it got there.

When you sit on it, does the material crease along that line ???

Never checked that before, so just went out to the car and experimented. If I actually sit on the seat I can't tell cos my bum obscures it!! However, I tried pushing down with my hand on various areas of the seat. If I push down on the centre of the seat, or toward the right hand (forward facing) end of the mark, then yes it forms a crease perfectly along that mark. So what do think this means?

I'm thinking that maybe the padding (foam?) underneath the escaine covering has got damaged/distorted in some way. If so, do you think this could be a warranty job? Car is just over 1 year old (10500 miles). Mind you from experience with trying to get Lexus UK to repaint my corroded calipers under warranty, I suspect that they'll come up with the old chestnut of it being "cosmetic" only!!

When you sit on it, does the material crease along that line ???

Never checked that before, so just went out to the car and experimented. If I actually sit on the seat I can't tell cos my bum obscures it!! However, I tried pushing down with my hand on various areas of the seat. If I push down on the centre of the seat, or toward the right hand (forward facing) end of the mark, then yes it forms a crease perfectly along that mark. So what do think this means?

I'm thinking that maybe the padding (foam?) underneath the escaine covering has got damaged/distorted in some way. If so, do you think this could be a warranty job? Car is just over 1 year old (10500 miles). Mind you from experience with trying to get Lexus UK to repaint my corroded calipers under warranty, I suspect that they'll come up with the old chestnut of it being "cosmetic" only!!

SPOT ON,

Thats what I was thinking... sounds to me the padding inside the seat has shifted or something.

I'd get it straight back to the dealer for a new seat...

Good Luck :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links