Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Please! Windscreen Spray Not Happening - Is200 Sportcross

I wonder if anyone can help with this?

I've recently bought a IS200 53 plate and have just noticed that the windscreen screen washer isn't working. I've trawled through the forums and have found some similar posts related to this - but no answers that seem to work.

The rear wash and headlight wash works fine, the fuse in the drivers' side fuse box marked WASHER is fine.

On turning the windscreen wash on the wipers go but there's no water as the pump isn't being switched on (no pump noise).

Can anyone help??

Thanks in appreciation

DTR

Hi mate,

Have you tried pushing the button in on the end of the stalk. Pulling the stalk forward only operates the wipers, not the washers.

Just an idea as i thought i had a problem with mine.

Welcome to the club mate, hope its just that youve not "pushed the button" as it could cost £££, where as red faces are free and much more enjoyable for us..... :whistling:

Hi mate,

Have you tried pushing the button in on the end of the stalk. Pulling the stalk forward only operates the wipers, not the washers.

Welcome to the club mate, hope its just that youve not "pushed the button" as it could cost £££, where as red faces are free and much more enjoyable for us..... :whistling:

I've fixed the problem and it wasn't the button at all.... It was very complicated... erm...

I'm putting it down to having just gone from my 1996 Celica which has almost identical controls.... except you don't have a button....

Sincere thanks for the tip. I shall endeavour to continue to entertain with my ignorance / incompetence....

Cheers

DTR

Hi mate,

Ha!

Thanks for that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links