Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Differential Cooler

griderjn

I was up at my local Netz (Toyota) dealership the other day.

I was there to pick up my quick shifter kit, will install soon.

I was thumbing through the TRD catalog, as I often do.

I stumbled across an item that made me very curious.

I guess TRD makes an intercooler/oil cooler for the rear differential (as opposed to the front diff? :shifty: )

I got to talking with a buddy of mine who has a Sil180;

he told me that the Silvia's, 180's, or 240's whatever you guys call them, come with those stock in Europe.

So, I guess I am asking if those come stock on the IS200 and IS300 series?

And if not, is that something that anyone would be interested in?

I could get you the part number, and you could check at the local Toyota/Lexus to see if they could order it...

I am on somewhat of a budget, and I am trying to buy certain things for my car before I head to England.

Do any of you think that this would be a wise investment?

I do not see myself racing this car on a circuit, but I do see myself traveling in it every now and then to the occasional European country.

And truth be told, my old lady has me looking at Range Rovers once we get over there...

so, I may end up selling this car once I get settled; would the investment pay off?

Also, I got the guy to make copies for me of the Altezza pages of the TRD catalog.

Once I find a place to scan them, I can post them or send them to some people.

Anyone interested?

they dont come as std, as theres no real need for them

i looked into these a few years ago, for normal road use, i cant see any need for it, when i started using my car on Track, i used to see if the diff got hot, it didnt get any hotter on track, than it did on the road

regards the Nissans over here, 99% of the coolers have been removed as there useless

not that it carries that much relevance,

but man, am i impressed...

one question:

Did you choose to drop that specifically into an IS200, or was the IS200 just what you had?

i had the car, and wanted to do the swap, and it was done back in 2002

not a good investment, if u want a good investment find something rare here big modding potential, with some rare parts good rims, nissan 180, s15, jzx110 crown, evo 6.5 etc if u want more info on that drop me a pm and also im extreamly intereste in the TRD catalogue also when would u be coming over if we ask you to bring some parts over, how long would it arrive an how much is everything included??

thanks

Frankie

nissansilvia,

I had a skyline r33 before.

then we had a little boy in march.

so i sold the skyline, and bought the lexus.

fortunately the price difference has allowed me to take care of most of the stuff i have been doing.

and also kept my ol' lady off of my back, sort of.

It looks like i will be arriving to London sometime in February/March.

Not sure when all of my stuff will arrive, we will be shipping it.

If there are a few things, ridiculously overpriced over there,

that i could pick up for not so much, i would do my best to stockpile some stuff.

the thing is, though, i would much prefer it be for the altezza,

that way, if someone is unable to pay for what they ask for,

I may be able to use it, or get rid of it on here.

I plan on starting a thread in the near future.

I have recently been looking for a garage that can order the aftermarket stuff for me.

So far i have been unable to beat the website http://www.nengun.com/ as far as prices go.

there are a few others if you search it out.

thanks for the advice and the inquiry.

i have decided not to get the rear diff cooler,

after much the same advice from many different people.

jeremiah

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links