Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Sport - Tinted Glass

BillNick

Hi,

I need to replace my drivers front door glass....I have a Sport and therefore have darker rear windows.

Do you know if the front windows are the same as the rest of the IS200 range (S, SE etc)??? I would have thought so as the law restricts tints to the front windows only.

I just want to know do I need to tell the breakers I need the glass from a Sport or just any IS200/300??

Thanks

Why don't you claim on your insurance? This way you will get a new door glass with the right tint.

AFAIK claims for glass do not affect your NCD?

It has scratches and chips caused by someone hitting my wing mirror so hard it damaged my window. Not smashed....can I still claim? Think my glass excess is £50....I can get one from breakers for £20.....

Last year someone threw a brick on my front passengers side window (the glass did not smash, but it left a nice brick shape print which could not be polished out).

I contacted my insurance company (Esure) who told me that they would pick up the bill for the replacement window (less £50 excess). Autoglass fitted me a OEM Lexus window.

Just this Saturday gone I needed a replacement windscreen (windscreen got a crack). Autoglass fitted me a OEM Lexus screen. Always insist on OEM Lexus glass. Autoglass wanted to fit a Pilkington screen on my car, but I told them I want a OEM Lexus windscreen.

Personally, I'd check with your insurance company that they would pick up the bill for a replacement door glass and put it through the insurance company- might cost you a bit more, but will save you some hassle.

Ill give them a call....but as the damage was caused by anonymous impact from a car....they may force me to claim for the whole thing - which im not doing as I have a mate in bodywork who is going it on the cheap for me. Just the window i need to sort myself.

Cheers for the advice.

So does anyone know if the front windows are all the same tint accross the whole IS200/300 range??

Sports have darker rears, but im sure as the fronts are restricted by law, they will be the same accross the range??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links