Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Manual 6speed Box

James S

the is200 box does not fir the is300 engine
2jz does not bolt upto is200 gearbox, or bell housing, the is200 gearbox does not fit the 2jz bell housing.

the supra 5 speed manual box is what is fitted to the is300 in the US

you can order all the parts for the conversion, pedals, gear lever surround etc etc, you would need to get the flywheel clutch and hydraulic oil pot...etc etc.

the prop would be different, but all in all a simple conversion, the only electrical bit is making the ecu think that the gearbox is still there, but fairly simple jiggery pokery can sort that

i believe it is an issue of square peg round hole,

the as200/rs200 6MT bolt pattern just does not match up to the 2JZ.

if you had a mkIV Supra 6MT, the bolt pattern would match the 2JZ.

and as far as i know, you would not have to modify any wiring or electronics.

removing and installing a transmission is not difficult.

not sure about the drive shaft measurements though.

but i know of at least one guy over here who has a Supra 2JZ-GTE w/6MT in an Altezza.

i have never talked with him, so i do not know if his drive shaft is stock or fabricated or what.

i am sure it would not take too much research,

or you could ask a tech at the local toyota/lexus dealer?

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...upra+conversion

Thanks everyone for the info, and views.

I am still trying to work out the best and cheapest way of getting more bang for my cash!

Would like the extra power of the 3.0litre engine, but can't be bothered with an auto.

Have been having a look at other cars, but can't bring myself to part with the IS.

Seen a few integra's and even a couple if celica GT4's but can't be doing with the interiors.

Hmm.....shall carry on hunting till I find something right.

Thanks again James

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links