Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys, im looking at the 450h, as i seem to be sitting high up in the IS i tried and didn't feel comfortable.

So would you mind if i asked a couple of questions please,regarding the hybrid, at what speed does the engine cut in on the 450h, ie what is the top speed in electric mode only and also how long does it go on Battery power alone.

Ive got to say, the one i sat in was realy comfortable and with any luck ill get it for a day to try out, which im realy looking forward to.

Guys, im looking at the 450h, as i seem to be sitting high up in the IS i tried and didn't feel comfortable.

So would you mind if i asked a couple of questions please,regarding the hybrid, at what speed does the engine cut in on the 450h, ie what is the top speed in electric mode only and also how long does it go on battery power alone.

Ive got to say, the one i sat in was realy comfortable and with any luck ill get it for a day to try out, which im realy looking forward to.

Hi, there are no set speeds, it all depends on throttle settings, the thing to remember is the computer always uses the most suitable combination of petrol / Battery power for the conditions and the best way to enjoy the car is ignore what is happening and trust the system. It will only do a short distance on Battery alone but in normal driving you will be amazed how often the petrol engine is off and how quickly the batteries re charge. This car is as much about high performance as green issues but is affordable to run and superb. I so enjoy driving mine in the congestion zone with no charge whilst having more performance than almost every other car.

Enjoy !

So would you mind if i asked a couple of questions please,regarding the hybrid, at what speed does the engine cut in on the 450h, ie what is the top speed in electric mode only and also how long does it go on battery power alone.

Hi,

like yourself I've been looking at the GS 450h and 300 so the figures I'm about to give you are from lots of reading over past few weeks rather than actual experience. Someone else on here may be able to give you real life figures. It will do about 15mph top speed on electric alone and it'll do somewhere between a mile and a mile and a half on Battery alone. I guess the motor will cut in around the 15mph mark.

Incidently, I've had an '08 plate GS 300 SE-L on loan for the weekend from my local dealer. It's outside my house now and due to go back tomorrow. I'd agree with you that it's a very comfortable car to sit in. However, I think that there's something wrong with the steering on this particular example. So much so that I do not like driving it. I'm sure you won't have the same experience.

Russell.

I would agree with tony's sentiments. Just one thing to add. It will run on the electric motor at 30 on a flat road, and upto 40 down a slight incline.

Paul

Just picking up on Russel's comment about the steering on this GS300, I think the steering is the only poor area on the GS range, it does requirs attention at all times due to a tendancy to follow any faults in the road surface, my 450h suffers badly and has had the steering rack changed and the MK2 GS300 I previously owned was just as bad.

Tony

Guys, thanks for the informative replies.

The GS450h seems a no brainer realy, with the spec that it comes with as standard, makes it much more of a car than the 5 series, which i considered for a bit (as i have an e90 320d now) but the interior is similar to mine and just bland realy with next to nothing compared to the lexus.

The lexus is much better looking inside and out and more refined also, ill arrange that test drive again i think.

I would agree with tony's sentiments. Just one thing to add. It will run on the electric motor at 30 on a flat road, and upto 40 down a slight incline.

Paul

Just picking up on Russel's comment about the steering on this GS300, I think the steering is the only poor area on the GS range, it does requirs attention at all times due to a tendancy to follow any faults in the road surface, my 450h suffers badly and has had the steering rack changed and the MK2 GS300 I previously owned was just as bad.

Tony

I'm waiting to see if the dealer agrees that their demo has been badly kerbed. If not I'd say that the GS was undriveable. In the one I drove my arms were aching through fighting the steering after a few minutes, honestly I was surprised that a franchised Lexus dealer let something this bad out as a demo car. Incidently it didn't have a tax disk either so I think was basic incompetence. Very surprising given the reputation that Lexus dealers try to live up to. Considering the demo was also an approved Used Lexus I'm very rapidly considering a BMW, Mercedes or Jaguar instead. I really wanted to love the Lexus but this was one so bad that if it's typical it's a death knell for the marque. So I can't believe that it was typical. I wait to hear and will keep you informed.

Russell.

Better try another one first, dont let it put you off the gs, in case it does have a problem, you may love the next one. Someone may have had it on demo and damaged it and brought it back and you were next in the car.

The dealer told me i could have one for a day once they have taxed the one i was in, just human error not taxing yours.

Better try another one first, dont let it put you off the gs, in case it does have a problem, you may love the next one. Someone may have had it on demo and damaged it and brought it back and you were next in the car.

The dealer told me i could have one for a day once they have taxed the one i was in, just human error not taxing yours.

The dealer rang me back today. They looked at the car and found something wrong with a wheel. They're having it fixed and I'll have it for a long weekend for round 2. Honestly, I'd rather try another one but at least if they get this one wrong again my mind will be made up

Russell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links