Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The brake warning light is on. So its time for a new set of pads. I intend to do all 4 wheels while im in the mood. Been on eBay but the only ones on there are EBC. Are they any good? There are EBC Ultramax @ £54.95 Ft and £17.95 Rr.

Theres also EBC @ £16 and EBC Kevlar @ £28.16. The 1st 2 are from one seller and the 2nd 2 from another.

Whats the difference? :unsure:

The brake warning light is on. So its time for a new set of pads. I intend to do all 4 wheels while im in the mood. Been on Ebay but the only ones on there are EBC. Are they any good? There are EBC Ultramax @ £54.95 Ft and £17.95 Rr.

Theres also EBC @ £16 and EBC Kevlar @ £28.16. The 1st 2 are from one seller and the 2nd 2 from another.

Whats the difference? :unsure:

Hi I would go with original genuine lexus as they are developed to match your discs, if you have genuine discs that is. If not ebc are a good manufactuer, ( they are what I use on my bikes)

Thanks for that mate. Just had the wheels off 1 at a time. The front pads are down to about 3mm and the rears to 1mm or less. So its all new pads for the old girl.

While the wheels were off a put a pinch bar in a few places because shes developed a heavy clunk when i coming to rest under braking. could find anything with teh wheels off but with the wheels back on and still jacked up there is a bit of play. Side to side is okay but top to bottom there is a bit of movement. Its only a little and seems to be coming from what i think is the top ball joint.

Could this be the culprit??

I'd also recommend Lexus pads - they're surprisingly reasonable, considering the price of other Lexus gear. If your wear sensor wires are buggered (like mine), prepare for an eye-watering 60 quid (for a piece of wire!)

Thanks for that mate. Just had the wheels off 1 at a time. The front pads are down to about 3mm and the rears to 1mm or less. So its all new pads for the old girl.

While the wheels were off a put a pinch bar in a few places because shes developed a heavy clunk when i coming to rest under braking. could find anything with teh wheels off but with the wheels back on and still jacked up there is a bit of play. Side to side is okay but top to bottom there is a bit of movement. Its only a little and seems to be coming from what i think is the top ball joint.

The clunk under breaking is the top locking nut not fully tight. If you wiggle the steering wheel left and right while on the floor get someone to watch the nut turning and stopping. This nut should not move at all on the ball joint.

There is a little play and gives this clunk while turning under breaking normally. The nut will not come loose and fall off but just comes a knats manhood loose. There is a saftey clip also keeping it on.

If you've change the upper arms with the ones from eBay USA seem to give this little problem.

As for pads the blue prints squeak a bit if you get a bad set.

There's plenty of geniune factory ones from sellers on eBay.

If aftermarket there's only one brake pad maker which is 99% spot on and that's ferodo. Used many times on the track and never let me down.

Great pad in a brembo caliper with DBA discs.

The clunk under breaking is the top locking nut not fully tight. If you wiggle the steering wheel left and right while on the floor get someone to watch the nut turning and stopping. This nut should not move at all on the ball joint.

There is a little play and gives this clunk while turning under breaking normally. The nut will not come loose and fall off but just comes a knats manhood loose. There is a saftey clip also keeping it on.

If you've change the upper arms with the ones from eBay USA seem to give this little problem.

As for pads the blue prints squeak a bit if you get a bad set.

There's plenty of geniune factory ones from sellers on eBay.

If aftermarket there's only one brake pad maker which is 99% spot on and that's ferodo. Used many times on the track and never let me down.

Great pad in a brembo caliper with DBA discs.

Thanks for that mate. Ended up buying Mintex. Fitted the rear but the front turned out to be ok so ill keep them in the cupboard for next time. Upper wisebone on OS is a little wobbly. One of teh next jobs. But while doing the pads, found i have 2 broken rear springs so thats main priority now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links