Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello , I have a strange problem with my GS300 sport mark1. When I accelerate hard then back off quick the peddle sticks and you have to push realy hard to get it to move again. It is as though the cable is sticking but it only does it after accelerating hard. Dont know if any of you can shed any light on this? I have put some WD40 on the linkages but it doesnt seem to help. Thanks

If you have floor mats in the front, it was a common problem where the throttle pedal catches under the edge of the mat. Pull the mat back a bit (or remove) and see if the problem clears. If it does, get some clips to secure the mat further back in the footwell.

• 1 month later...

29th Jan 2010

Toyota has announced the recall of the Lexus ES 350 & IS 250/350 models to have their accelerator pedals reshaped and/or replaced.

This recall is to be a permanent solution to the risk of unintended acceleration, no matter what floor mat is being used. Starting in early 2010, dealerships will be equipped to reshape the affected pedals by “shaving” a 3/4 inch from the existing pedal, followed by a brand new pedal in April 2010. In the case of the ES 350, the floor surface will also be reshaped.

Both affected Lexus models will be receiving a new brake override system that will cut engine power if both the accelerator and brake pedals are pushed simultaneously.

If you’re affected by this recall, I suggest reading the full press release after the jump.

The models involved are: 2007 to 2010 MY (model year) Camry, 2005 to 2010 MY Avalon, 2004 to 2009 MY Prius, 2005 to 2010 MY Tacoma, 2007 to 2010 MY Tundra, 2007 to 2010 MY ES350, 2006 to 2010 MY IS250, and 2006 to 2010 MY IS 350.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links