Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sports Grille

ghumra

i need a bit of help guys getting this grille on. i managed to get off all those plastic screws, but just managed to break one.lol.

first question, i cant get it to snap into place from the bottom part of the bumper, or am i imagining it. is it supposed to sort of click into place, as right now, it just sits snuggly. i was expecting to hear a click when it goes in right. what am i doing wrong.

secondly, where can i get a new clip from, or how about i get bolt and bolt it together? will this work? as if it does i want to change both grille ones for bolts as i cant get them to secure properly

any help guys would be appreciated.

You might not hear a click when installing the new grill, as long as the grille doesn't move (try pushing it back from the front/bottom). If it doesn't move then its secure.

As for replacement screws/clips, I got my local Lexus part department to order me some in, they don't cost much.

ok right thanx, it moves back if i put fair amount of pressure on it, thats why im annoyed. whats the best way to get it to sit properly from the bottom? gethandone p to push the bottom bit of the bumper inwards and another to push the bottom of the grill outwards? or is there meant to be a special way im supposed to locate the clips from the grille onto the bumper?

ive sorted the clip issue out, i just used some slim bolts i had lying around and bolted them through so its secure in the corners moreso than the plastics screws i believe.

im only having an issue getting it to sit nicely in the clips on the bumper, well its dark now, il have another go tomorrow, i think im being a girl, im sure i need to apply more pressure to get them to sit and allign with the clips properly. and the Japanese instructions don't help, but i gather from the pictures that i have to pull the grill forward to get it to click into place.

ive sorted the clip issue out, i just used some slim bolts i had lying around and bolted them through so its secure in the corners moreso than the plastics screws i believe.

im only having an issue getting it to sit nicely in the clips on the bumper, well its dark now, il have another go tomorrow, i think im being a girl, im sure i need to apply more pressure to get them to sit and allign with the clips properly. and the Japanese instructions don't help, but i gather from the pictures that i have to pull the grill forward to get it to click into place.

You will find the clips on the bottom of the grill need to be raised slightly to fit into the slots. I think I used a plastic scraper to lift the edge of the clips into the slot and then pushed it easily until it clipped into position.

Happy days :D Good that you got it to fit properly, it is a pain, but i think you may have ended up with some rubbing problem if it wasn't securely fitted, it's all too easy to just leave it when having problems!!!! if it's worth doing, blah, blah. good on ya.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links