Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys i would like to do a full fluid change on my 1992ls 400 what grade of engine oil do you recomend the engines done 167,000 drain the auto box is the fluid standard detrox 2 or is their a specail fluid and what fluid do i refill the diff

with many thanks neil

Hi,

Engine recommended engine oil is a quality semi synthetic 10w-30 ( 5.1 ltr with filter change and use a genuine filter), transmission fluid is special Toyota type IV only ( £45.00/5 litres) and diff oil is Hypoid gear oil SAE90.

For DIY tutorials go to www.lexls.com and click on tutorials.

Hi,

Engine recommended engine oil is a quality semi synthetic 10w-30 ( 5.1 ltr with filter change and use a genuine filter), transmission fluid is special Toyota type IV only ( £45.00/5 litres) and diff oil is Hypoid gear oil SAE90.

hi steve thank you mate has the diff got a drain plug or just a level plug many thanks neil

Hi,

hi steve thank you mate has the diff got a drain plug or just a level plug many thanks neil

No problem,

The diff has both a drain plug and a fill/level plug they are in really tight so give them an overnight soak of WD40, you will need a 10mm hex/allen key socket and a breaker bar to get them undone but make sure you release the fill plug 1st before the drain plug or you could be in the situation of having drained the oil you cannot fill it back up.

You will also need 2 replacement crush washers when refitting the plugs

As I said do a tutorial search on www.lexls.com and all the info is there.

Hi,

No problem,

The diff has both a drain plug and a fill/level plug they are in really tight so give them an overnight soak of WD40, you will need a 10mm hex/allen key socket and a breaker bar to get them undone but make sure you release the fill plug 1st before the drain plug or you could be in the situation of having drained the oil you cannot fill it back up.

You will also need 2 replacement crush washers when refitting the plugs

As I said do a tutorial search on www.lexls.com and all the info is there.

hi steve thank you mate will get on with that as soon as this weather breaks many thanks neil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links