Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Me Find My First Lexus =}

Azif

Evening All my name is Asif and im from East London. Well looking to buy a Lexus for myself confused about a certain things but i hope your quick replys get me back to track. What to Look for ? What NOT to look for ? What gear box to get Auto or Manual ? Is Auto any good or is Manual better ? I bin told Auto does not go wrong ..and Manual 2/3 gear are abit weird ? :unsure:

which lexus exactly are you planning on buying? i presume you mean the is200?

their pretty bulletproof engines,

things to look out for;

check for the car juddering when taking off as this could be a sign of a worn clutch

stick the steering on full lock and drive and listen out for any knocking noise.

check for the notorious corrosion on the alloy wheels, or you could be looking at £60 a corner

check the stereo to check for the dreaded "err3"

make sure and make sure and make sure again that you get 2 (TWO) master keys and one valet key

check the electric mirrors if they open and close properly

if its got sat nav check it works properly and the screen comes up without problems

and just the general things, just press every switch and and make sure it works.

all credit for that list goes to Colin Barber who compiled this list on this forum...

to give an idea of price, i bought an is200 sport 6 months ago, it had 35k on the clock only, half leather and suede seats, full electrics, full lexus service history, absolutly mint, not even 1 scratch on it. and i paid £4500... but i may have got lucky there.lol. but the only thing iv had to do with it it stick a new Battery in it and new rear discs and pads...

hope that helps.

edit.... mines a manual and its as smooth as a babies bum cheek. but some arnt, youl have to drive it and see. the auto's are very good, but not my cup of tea as i prefere to have the feeling of being in control of everything in the car.lol. but i think the auto's give a little less MPG than the manuals

but.... fuel figures if you dont know are about 20-35 mpg. and expect around 10-15 if you floor it all the time.

Afternoon and thank you for replys well yes i am after the Is200 might go for a manual.. and my budget is about £2500 kinda less but i know ill pick up a bargain as the time is tough and every1 gagging for abit of cash LOL my cousins mate got a Is200 a Black Colour Manual Sat Nav and only 2 owners and i think its a 01 plate .. hes in his 40`s so you know the car aint bin ragged. The keys i aint to fussed about as my Credit card will order me a new key FREE OF CHARGE if i say i lost them :shifty: so i can get new keys LOL anything ive missed out ? What milage to look for on my budget .. and erm yeah what else

The keys i aint to fussed about as my Credit card will order me a new key FREE OF CHARGE if i say i lost them

So you lie and we get to pay for the keys in our credit card charges if we're with the same company. Seems a bit selfish and dishonest to me.

Afternoon and thank you for replys well yes i am after the Is200 might go for a manual.. and my budget is about £2500 kinda less but i know ill pick up a bargain as the time is tough and every1 gagging for abit of cash LOL my cousins mate got a Is200 a Black Colour Manual Sat Nav and only 2 owners and i think its a 01 plate .. hes in his 40`s so you know the car aint bin ragged. The keys i aint to fussed about as my Credit card will order me a new key FREE OF CHARGE if i say i lost them :shifty: so i can get new keys LOL anything ive missed out ? What milage to look for on my budget .. and erm yeah what else

if you lose the key matey you cant order a new one. you have to get the whole engine management system changed which contains the immobilizer.

and i didnt know that 01 plates exist.

and expect well over 100k for your budget.

Java chill mate no1 is asking you to pay for anything the payments comes out of my pocket so i can order what i want how ever i want.. and 01 plate as in y plate was 2001 plate wernt it ? Not to sure but he did say its a 2001 model ill research it abit more when i speak to him i didnt know like you have to change this that or the other i thought its just order the keys and you would get it ..but i dont think he has all the keys :shutit:

With a budget of £2.5k, I think you are looking at a early car (99/00 model), with at least 120k on the clock.

Don't be put off by high mileage IS200's- as long as there is evidence of regular servicing the IS200 can take the mileage. I've owned my 2000 model/X reg IS200 for 7 years now and its done 130k (100k under my ownership) and its still going strong.

I expect to take my IS200 to at least 250k or more before getting rid.

Asi & Kam yeah im just holding on for a decent one. I want to get the Sport model though :whistling: im hoping it has a Sat Nav if not then oh well :tsktsk: what is a Vvti or what ever its called ..are they all Vvti or is it special editions ..and this altezza version as well can someone shed any light on that for me ?

The Altezza is the Japanese domestic market (JDM) version of an IS. They come in a couple of different forms. The AS200 which is basically an IS200 & runs the same 2L 6cly 1GFE & 4AT/6MT. Then there's the AS300 which is an IS300 sports wagon. Its runs the 3L 6cly 2JZGE & 5AT. Finally there's the most desired model, the RS200. This runs a 210hp 2L 4cly (3SGE) & comes with either a 5AT or 6MT. They'd be pretty rare in the UK I would imagine.

Some specs here http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyota/Altezza/main.htm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links