Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Mk1 Tuning Bits

AlexusGS

The most effective tuning part for a Mk1 GS300 Sport is a 2JZ-GTE engine.

The easiest way to tune a Mk1 GS300 Sport is to sell it and buy an Aristo TT.

:)

Seriously, though, the only way to tune the GS engine is by means of forced induction.

..Im not really keen on forced induction cars, ive owned several petrol turbos and had bad experiences with them. I know the TT is much more highly tunable. But im not really after engine performance. More interested in suspension/brake upgrades and just a few breathing mods for the engine, exhaust, induction kit etc.

I'm not really keen on forced induction cars. I've owned several petrol turbos and had bad experiences with them. I know the TT is much more highly tunable, but I'm not really after engine performance. More interested in suspension/brake upgrades and just a few breathing mods for the engine, exhaust, induction kit etc.

The front and rear brakes are the same as "J-spec" Mk4 Supra brakes, so you can look for Supra pads and discs, or fit the bigger UK Supra brakes.

The front and rear brakes are the same as "J-spec" Mk4 Supra brakes, so you can look for Supra pads and discs, or fit the bigger UK Supra brakes

Thanks Might look into the bigger supra brakes if they are not too dear. Will those be the brembo 4 pots then?

Also, I cant find front or rear strut braces anywhere for these cars. I suppose the oem front brace is rare as rocking horse dung?

The front and rear brakes are the same as "J-spec" Mk4 Supra brakes, so you can look for Supra pads and discs, or fit the bigger UK Supra brakes

Thanks Might look into the bigger supra brakes if they are not too dear. Will those be the brembo 4 pots then?

Also, I cant find front or rear strut braces anywhere for these cars. I suppose the oem front brace is rare as rocking horse dung?

The supra brakes are normally pretty expensive as they are a much sought after piece of kit.

Decent strut braces are a bitch to find, been trying for a while now. eBay in the states is your best bet as long as you can find a seller who will ship worldwide. Not even seen a rear one yet.

I have a strut brace on mine, but it is not stiff enough to do much, so is more cosmetic. Looks ok though.

I have a K&N panel in the oem filter box, not sure it has boosted anything power wise, but did seem to improve fuel consumption by around 10%.

Tigerfish, Is your front brace OEM? Im wandering if anyone has tried fitting a brace from a mk2? Its really wierd that theres not much in the way of tuning parts for the GS mk1.

Il probably go for a cold air fed induction kit, something like a BMC CDA or if someone can recommend a Jap one?

Thanks. Might look into the bigger Supra brakes if they are not too dear. Will those be the brembo 4 pots then?

Also, I cant find front or rear strut braces anywhere for these cars.

4-piston front and 2-piston rear, but not brembo.

The Mk1 Aristo has a strut brace, if you can find one being broken .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links