Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450h Se-l Or Premium

Hi all

Am looking to upgrade from my RX400h to the new model in either SE-L or Premium spec.

Would appreciate any feedback as I am finding it difficult to justify the additional cost between the 2 models. Or maybe i should opt for a new Limited edition 400h SE-L at £15k less?

Over to you

Please DO spend the extra £5K and buy the Premium. In 4 years time when I am looking to buy a 450h - I will want maximum bang for my money. If it wasn't for people like the OP buying these things new - how would dedicated second hand car buyers like myself be able to get behind the wheel of such a car a few years down the line? I would also very much appreciate you ticking any other options on the list too ;)

Hi all

Am looking to upgrade from my RX400h to the new model in either SE-L or Premium spec.

Would appreciate any feedback as I am finding it difficult to justify the additional cost between the 2 models. Or maybe i should opt for a new Limited edition 400h SE-L at £15k less?

Over to you

What a wonderful dilemma!

I would go for premium, then you will have no regrets!

Strange as it sounds I just can't understand how the new model commands a £15k premium?! It's moved the car into a different segment. I know that most of the problem has been due to exchange rates etc but I would hate to be Lexus salespeople having to sort out selling new cars at massive price increases over old ones.

The 450 is a superb car but so is the 400...is the 450 worth £15k over a new 400? Not IMO....£5k yes but 15?!

Same thing with the IS250C - it's in a different league to the rest of the IS price range. I'm guessing they couldn't reorder all the prices of models they were currently selling but new models have had to have price inc. I have been keeping a close eye on the new LF-Ch it looks a very interesting car - it's meant to sit below the IS in price from reports yet I have a feeling it could end up being £25-£30k.

To answer your question though; if I had the money then it would be the Premium.....test drove one and the Heads-up is superb and radar cruise is so useful if you are on long journeys (Just wish they had it working down to 0mph like the Merc one :( )

I have an RX450h courtesy car at the moment whilst my RX400h is in for a service.

Its nice, really nice. It has all the toys (still). Its comfortable, quiet and economical. However, the 450 in my possession has more rattles than my 400. If you get one, I would wait a little longer still whilst they examine the warranty reports and address any reported shortcomings in the build. Lovely car, but would I spend £15K (currently a 50% premium) over a 400h? Sorry, no. I break into a sweat leaving my 400h in public car parks and supermarkets in case someone damages my P&J. That's why I have spent £6.5K on a nearly new (sacrificial) Jeep - that has a transfer box (low ratio gearing) for dealing with serious mud, deep snow and slippery hills. So you could get a RX400h, 2 Jeeps, and a holiday somewhere hot - for the same money as the 450h!

I don't know what Lexus are doing with their price strategy. They seem to be pricing at the very top of the market (exchange rate aside) with that new LFA sports car. It may make for exclusivity, but I doubt they will sell many.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links