Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Remote Central Locking

Hi all - drove home from work and noticed that remote control no longer locks/unlocks the car this evening. Pretty sure it locked/unlocked it at work (certainly unlocked it this morning). LED on key lights up, central locking doesn't lock or unlock. Spare keys don't do any better, and I doubt they've all gone flat at the same time. Car locks/unlocks OK with key in the door lock (which is probably the first time I've ever tried it).

I'm assuming the receiver in the car has failed, but just wondering whether there's any of those wonderful undocumented features anyone knows about, that I might have accidentally triggered and disabled the remote locking. You know the sort of thing - like the trick with the sidelights and DISPLAY button that disables the seatbelt bong.

I'm sure it's the receiver and a dealer job, but I'm reminded of when I accidentally hit the toggle switch down by the fuel filler release which disables the swivelly headlights. There was an error message on the dash and I noticed the lights weren't swivelling, but nowhere in the manual could I find any mention of that error message or the offending button. About to phone the dealer when Google triumphed...

Thanks in advance for any 'Ahhhh' moments.

Actually, something is VERY weird here. My wife's just got home in her RAV-4 and the same problem. Have just driven round the block, stopped at regular intervals and it seems to be the last 30 yards of my shared drive that it doesn't work on. Clearly something transmitting tonight that's jamming receivers of this type.

I really hope no-one was watching me drive for the last five minutes!

I'll try again later and tomorrow - failing that, I'm bringing home a directional scanner!

Here's something else that's weird. If I park my 400h in a particular part of our local supermarket car park the remote control does not work. I had wondered if something is jamming the signal in that area but didn't think that was a very likely explanation until I read this post. Never had problems anywhere else.

Had a similar problem with my RX300 a few months ago, my neighbor installed a wireless weather forecast station in his garden which transmitted on the same frequency as my RX300 remote. It took a few days to identify the source, he changed the frequency on the system and immediately my remote worked again.

A multitude of wireless devices, home alarms, DECT phones etc. can be a source of the problem. You may introduce yourself to the neighbors whilst finding the problem.....

• 10 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. It happens seldom but always in large car parks. Could it be an other car.

Today it was really nasty we came back from shopping and the car didn't react on the remote at all. What cam you do? If you open with the key the alarm starts ????

We went for a coffee and afterwards the remonte worked proper but what are you going to do if it takes longer???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links