Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Interior Trim And Other Bits

v7jco

Hi, I'm chopping my beloved 51 reg IS200 in for a 07 reg IS250 but i have a couple of issues.

1- I really want the SE-L but simply cannot stomach the wood trim. Can I get hold of the "metal effect" trim from the SE? If so, is it a simple fit or one for the dealership to try?

2- I want to make it look a bit better externally, can I easily get SR spoiler and shirts or even the new F Sport Spoiler?

3- I want some nice wheels, should I go 18 or 19's? Any tips for where to start looking? (Not chromes please!! :winky: )

I was debating between astral black and Cadoxton Slate but after seeing Tango's car I'm defo getting the slate!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers

The trim should be really easy to replace, I'm sure you could do it yourself. I think there's a guide on how to do it in the thread about the satnav hack.

Thanks for the quick response Parthiban. I searched the mod forums for satnav hacks and checked the results but couldn't find anything..... Any idea how long ago that was?/

cheers again

I think I was confusing these two threads (one's for a manual and one's for an auto). However I think it's quite clear that both are just clipped in (which interestingly is exactly how the mk1 IS is as well) so it will just lift out if you pry it gently.

LINK

LINK

Cheers Pal..... They were 2 nice links. It shows just how easy I can pull the old stuff off. I can now ring my local dealer with confidence so when they take a sharp intake of breath I can say "Oi, I know it can be done!!"

I had a look at Sewell in USA as well and they sell the trim kit for about $500. Sounds expensive but it's more than worth it considering the amount of kit I will lose out on if I drop to an SE.......

If I do the work myself I will take pics and post with instructions so other people do not have to put up with the "Wood" trim!

Thanks again.

Great shout matey!!

I was thinking of doing that with the wheels to re-coup a bit of cash from the new ones but hadn't considered doing it with the trim bits. I've got my local dealer pricing the trim kit up for me so I'm waiting nervously!! Am I allowed to advertise in a post on here or is it frowned upon?

Do people think that I should sell the wheels or will it devalue the car when I come to replace it in 3 years with a 6 year old ISF for hopefully less that 20k then!!!!???

Great shout matey!!

I was thinking of doing that with the wheels to re-coup a bit of cash from the new ones but hadn't considered doing it with the trim bits. I've got my local dealer pricing the trim kit up for me so I'm waiting nervously!! Am I allowed to advertise in a post on here or is it frowned upon?

Do people think that I should sell the wheels or will it devalue the car when I come to replace it in 3 years with a 6 year old ISF for hopefully less that 20k then!!!!???

What wheels are you replacing them with? I think definitely on a p/ex non-standard wheels are going to devalue it if with a Lexus dealer, but if you are replacing with different but still Lexus OEM alloys, then you can sell the old ones as the new alloys will add to its value.

And yes anything you replace, sell on the old ones to get some cash back unless you absolutely need to keep them! Even the alloys, they might be worth more now than in a few years time, so might be better to sell now, and then buy a set off eBay when the time comes :)

Great shout matey!!

What wheels are you replacing them with? I think definitely on a p/ex non-standard wheels are going to devalue it if with a Lexus dealer, but if you are replacing with different but still Lexus OEM alloys, then you can sell the old ones as the new alloys will add to its value.

And yes anything you replace, sell on the old ones to get some cash back unless you absolutely need to keep them! Even the alloys, they might be worth more now than in a few years time, so might be better to sell now, and then buy a set off eBay when the time comes :)

My local dealership has said they'd like me to put my car back to 'standard' if I part exchange, except for the OEM GFX bodykit of course. No problem as I have all the original bits, wheels, exhaust system, intake etc. Will also have to retrofit the IS250 calipers as my original 17" wheels will not fit over the IS350 calipers and discs :yawn: .

Cheers for the responses guys. I was thinking if OEM wheels anyway, took a look at the ISF ones and they want 4500 so s*d that!!! :sick:

I spoke to my local dealer about spec ing up the SEL i'm looking at and and they scared me off a bit

56' SEL with 12k £18950

Alloy pedals fitted £250

Lexus Styling Kit £2000 colour coded and fitted

Bodyguards £175 fitted

SE trim kit £1500 fitted

All in £22875 before I even look at wheels!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I am looking at the finance options on an F-Sport! Not sure I can push to it though?!!

Is it going to be worth trying to find the cash for the F-Sport do we think??

Cheers

V7

Keep us all updated on this v7jco, my missus is looking at the minute and the HORRIBLE wood trim in lots of SE-L's keeps putting her off - Would be great if it's affordable to just change the trim

Good luck with getting the ISF in 3 years!

£1500 fitted by dealer...... Felt like throwing up! :tsktsk:

I'm thinking the best bet is to post a swap advert somewhere... I'm sure there are SE owners out there that want the SEL look??? It looks pretty easy to swap out having been sent a few pics by the guys on here. If you look at posts relating to swapping out the satnav and satnav hacks you should see pics of people having popped them out.

For all those accessory parts I'd look to the US, especially things like sport pedals, getting them from over there can sometimes be a lot cheaper, especially used stuff on the US eBay site (I got the sport pedals for my IS200 from the US for about £70 I think)

However your point about the F Sport is important. Is your intention to make a standard IS into one that looks like an F Sport? If so then you could easily put £25k into the used car you're looking at but it will still be an almost 4 year old car. I imagine a new F Sport will come in at just over £30k (after you've haggled a reasonable discount) so if you can afford the additional cost that makes a lot more sense. Plus the facelifted cars will always have problems ironed out so could be less trouble in the long run.

Worth considering though that I don't think the bodykit comes fitted to the F Sport so that cost will still be there, but you'll have a lot more bargaining power on a new car so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost £2k against a new one.

Btw, how much of that trim cost was the fitting? I can't imagine a lot, so that bit of plastic costs almost £1500? :o

Not sure how much was fitting. I am going to phone around a few dealers today as I can't make the numbers for a new f-sport. It'd be about 30k for the multimedia with metallic paint....

I happen to have a lexus approved paint shop on my industrial estate and also a car solutons place so I think I will phone around for parts only prices and have a ponder....

All I want to do is get a new friggin car that still has the sporty look of my existing IS200 sport

BTW - I am mortified that they do not do the strath...&* blue that mine is in currently!!

Yep good idea to shop around, Lexus Teesside are pretty good with parts prices, as are Lexus Swindon I think. For the bodywork also have a word with Lexus Woodford, I've done a fair amount of work there and they are brilliant as well as quite reasonably priced in comparison to other dealers.

BTW - I am mortified that they do not do the strath...&* blue that mine is in currently!!

Mine's also strathcaron blue and I find it annoying there's no proper blue in the normal lineup - however I'm not 100% on this but I believe the F Sport will be available in the awesome ultrasonic blue from the IS-F........ :whistling:

2- I want to make it look a bit better externally, can I easily get SR spoiler and shirts or even the new F Sport Spoiler?

I have just had a 220d sport, happy with the wheels etc but would definately fancy one of the spoiler (OEM). Let me know if you come across a good deal. Saw the boot lip ones from eBay (thailand) - super cheap but as you can imagine I have reservations!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links