Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annoying Noise Please Help :(

momo88

First off, i have done a search and every squeeky noise thread seems to be the brakes.

Is this the only possible thing the squeeky noise could be coming from? the pads were checked at kwik-fit just over a month ago and had loads of life left in them. Going to get my friend of the family mechanic to have a look at it tomorrow but what do you guys think?

Thanks

Mo

First off, i have done a search and every squeeky noise thread seems to be the brakes.

Is this the only possible thing the squeeky noise could be coming from? the pads were checked at kwik-fit just over a month ago and had loads of life left in them. Going to get my friend of the family mechanic to have a look at it tomorrow but what do you guys think?

Thanks

Mo

will people stop going to kwik fit!!!!!!!!!!!they are not tecs or mechanics all they do is rob people by fitting thongs that are not needed...

remove the rear pads scuff the friction material with 60 grit sand paper give the calipers a wee clean rebuild using copper slip on the contacts of the pads noise will be gone!!

Thanks

Mo

will people stop going to kwik fit!!!!!!!!!!!they are not tecs or mechanics all they do is rob people by fitting thongs that are not needed...

remove the rear pads scuff the friction material with 60 grit sand paper give the calipers a wee clean rebuild using copper slip on the contacts of the pads noise will be gone!!

eventhough they noise is there even when im not breaking, i tried to get a recording of it but the wind is too strong at the moment :(

Thanks

Mo

eventhough they noise is there even when im not breaking, i tried to get a recording of it but the wind is too strong at the moment :(

yip it could be but it could also be the backing plates..

Thanks

Mo

yip it could be but it could also be the backing plates..

backing plates? well ill get those pads of tomorrow and get the copper greese out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links