Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caliper Compatibility?

IZZZY

It will fit- but make sure the replacement is not faulty, ie: sticking.

Ok thanks Kam... as always your advise is appreciated :-)

just out of interest when im checking the pistons.. shoudl they move quite freely... or should be fairly stiff?

sorry i have no idea... dont want to go ahead and buy replacement and then it also be faulty :-S

thanks Kam

Why not buy a new/recon unit? If there is a problem with it you can always take it back and get a replacement/refund?

There should be a warranty on a new/recon unit.

Why not buy a new/recon unit? If there is a problem with it you can always take it back and get a replacement/refund?

There should be a warranty on a new/recon unit.

well tbh i just moved into my new home... spent fortune on beds, wardobes, sofas, decorating the whole place and now must count my pennies :-(

ive bought one today from scrappys..tested it..looks good....fingers crossed.

thanks

They should move out fairly freely. If you pushed them pretty much all the way in, then its more than 1 pedal push to get them out all the way so don't worry about that. (though be a little careful anyway!)

As said in other post though, watch the costs as recon kit is the price of a new caliper. Cheapest I think I found (though didn't have stock at the time for NS) was around 75 I think for a new (prof refurbed) unit.

Will try to dig out some info. If you want a quick fix though - try the clamping in and pushign out method several times as per other post. And clean up all the carrier and pads etc and grease too.

• 1 month later...

hi there, i have just found out that i need new calipers, i just want to know that, will i need to change my brake discs again? i only chnaged them about 2 months ago.

my problem is that when i brake from high speeds i hear squeeky sounds and vibration feeling. the garage said that the pistons have siezed in the calipers.

could be that you have warped your new discs rather than sticking calipers.

jack the car up and spin each wheel and see if they stick at any point - if so, then discs are warped.

If not see if they spin freely. You could also pop the caliper off and slowly get someone to push brake pedal down and watch both the pistons. If they both move freely and you can push them back in fairly easily then they are probably fine.

Lastly check the sliding pins. With wheel off and pads out, see if you can move the housing easily on the sliding pins. Is so, then again, all should be fine.

The pins are known to corrode up and stick.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links