Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater Matrix Flush.

I picked up a 300 a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the heater was not working on the left hand side of the car. I did lots of searches on this other forums and the internet and found this problem had been seen quite a few times before but no real feedback as to the exact nature of the problem, other than one comment about the heater matrix will block the other side to the driver becasue that side has vertical pipes inside.

Any way today i removed the rubber hoses from under the bonnet where they join on to the heater matrix and flushed the matrix with a hose i then filled it with radflush left it one hour and flshed again, on both occasions the water ran brown, i flushed both ways ie normal direction of flow and reverse, put the hoses back on bleed the system and i now have heat both sides of the car.

This originally looked expensive to fix as i had heard rumor of £300.00 for heater matrix and hours to fit as right up under dash however hopefully mine stays good for another 70K miles and so just cost me about £30.00 in flush and antifreeze.

Regards

Russell.

Thats sound interesting. I also have a similar problem on my 200 with not alot of heat coming out the passenger side.

So you disconnected the two pipes that connect at the bulkhead and then flushed it through those two pipes? Might give it a go.

Did you then reconnect the pipes and then run the car and top up the rad to ensure that the levels where right?

Yes there are two pipes on the drivers side at the top, i left the rad cap on so not much water escaped, flushed both ways then reconnect pipes and run up to temp with temp on max and rad cap removed, the matrix stays full of water so the only air is in the pipes and i could see this bubling out rad cap.

Just one caution the pipes that the rubber ones join are aluminium and part of the matrix so treat them with respect or they could fracture.

Regards

Russell.

I struggled with what would be best to flush it with as most flushes ask to be run up to temp, however not wanting to put something in that might do damage elsewhere i finally decided on a two part flush from Halfords for about £6.50 it said part one half an hour so i left it one whole hour and part two fifteen mins so i left for 30 mins as not heated.

Regards

Russell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links