Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time To Move On

bobc

Well it's month 35 and the final payment on my PCP for one IS250S-EL 07 is due, I then have until March 26 to buy a new car. Sadly I have been very disapointed with the Lexus brand or at least the 250 and the option to pay £14K to keep this 38K miles motor will not be taken up. Whilst it looks good and handles well it is in my opinion a very over rated model, rattles from day one (admitedly sorted by dealer) but returning, door mirror electrics tempramental and dreadfull road noise from tyres are enough to deter me from another IS. I looked at the GS but consider it over priced and the Hybrid option is of no interest to me so no luck there. I retire next year so will buy outright and back to Mercedes for a new E350 Avantgarde would seem the sensible choice, pretty boring I know but reliability and comfort are my concerns both of which have not been 100% for the last 35 months.

Enjoy your motoring everyone but I'm off.

Sad to see you go mate, it's a shame you've had so many problems as the IS250 I thought was reasonably good (except the dreaded rattles that you either have or don't)

Not too keen on the rear end of the new E, but otherwise it looks a lovely car, we have the same 3.5 V6 in our CLS and it's a great engine so good luck with the new car! Not to put you off, but I was being followed by a 59 plate new E class the other day and one of its headlights wasn't working which I thought was quite amazing for a car that was so new!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links