Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Rs200 Decat

BEAMS STU

Which engine?

Either way you will probably need an O2 simulator. You should get a BHP gain, you will get a louder exhaust :P

MPG may be affected but not much.

HI ITS THE 3SGE 210 6SPD, WELL I HAVE BEEN TOLD ITS AN APEXI SYSTEM RELATIVELY QUIET, I AM REALLY NEW TO THE ALTEZZA AND WANTING TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH POWER WOULD BE ACHIEVED USING APEXI POWER INTAKE MOUNTED BEHIND H,LAMP DECAT AND FULL EXHAUST ETC, I UNDERSTAND CAR TO CAR WILL VARY BUT IS IT POSSIBLE TO ACHEIVE 240PS FROM THIS TYPE OF MODS IF THE ENGIN IS HEALTHY ETC. IF THIS WAS STARLETS I COULD TELL YOIU ANYTHING LOL THANKS IN ADVANCE MATE

Like Yeldarb said you'll definitely get a louder exhaust. You may regret it if you have the 3SGE as they can become unpleasantly noisy very quickly with the wrong exhaust mods.

As for power gains that all depends on what condition the cat is in. Personally I'd save my money & spend it elsewhere on the car.

Also pod filters are more trouble than they're worth on these cars. Just get a hi-flow panel filter.

P.S. turn your caps lock off :winky:

Like Yeldarb said you'll definitely get a louder exhaust. You may regret it if you have the 3SGE as they can become unpleasantly noisy very quickly with the wrong exhaust mods.

As for power gains that all depends on what condition the cat is in. Personally I'd save my money & spend it elsewhere on the car.

Also pod filters are more trouble than they're worth on these cars. Just get a hi-flow panel filter.

P.S. turn your caps lock off :winky:

ok well after basic breathing mods, what other mods are a possibility with out tubocharging or supercharging, i just feel it may be bit slow for being 210hp and weighing 1300kgs, my first car was 260hp per tonne starlet gt was stupid quick kept up with fq330s etc, i just wanted a more practical relaible nicer looking car so i chose the altezza, but know nothing about modifying them for power output! any help appreciated, are there any specific sites or registered traders that i can talk to to obtain parts?

No one ever said Altezzas where fast :blush: Although once you get them wound up over 5K they go alright.

Basic mods to start with after the air filter would be some iridium spark plugs (NGK or Denso). Upgrade the earthing system. Clean the MAF sensor & throttle body. Replace the gear box oil with some RedLine MT-90 & diff oil with some 75w90 or 80w140 fully synthetic. Put some fully synthetic 5w30 or similar grade in the engine. Basically after doing all this it'll make it run like new again & maybe gain you a few HP.

If you want to get 240bhp out of it, you'd be looking at replacing the ECU with something like an Apexi Power FC, some mild cams, headers & possibly ITBs. Then swap the OE dual mass flywheel for a solid lightweight aftermarket unit from JUN or TRD.

You could go silly with a stroker kit but you'd be better of spending the same money on turboing it IMO.

Unfortunately there's no cheap 'n easy power upgrades for these things.

As for sourcing parts there's plenty of places on the net that'll ship direct from Japan like Nengun, JPS & ACNZA

TezzaWorld & Altezza Club NZ are two good forums you should have a look at to get some ideas.

Don't forget to upgrading the suspension as it's well worth doing. Then you can enjoy the increadable chassis these things have to the fullest.

on top of what E910 said, the A'PEXi power intake is not that much better, just frees up a lot of room in the engine bay.

I did not notice any power gains when I installed it.

If you want to do something worth the money, time, and effort:

when it comes time to do your timing belt, purchase a new TRD or HKS head gasket to up your compression even more, and a TRD sport thermostat.

then, when doing your timing belt and pulleys and water pump, drain the radiator, remove it, pull the head, swap the head gasket,

reinstall the head w/your new spark plugs... maybe some cams while you are in there? then swap your thermostat while your radiator is empty.

then put it all back together again.

which if you decide to do all that, let me know, and i can type out a step by step...

there are several ways to eek out a few HP here and there.

but to get over 250, you are going to have to stroke or force induction.

you can get the Trust/Greddy turbo system, or the Blitz compressor system.

hope that helps; good luck with whatever you do, and keep us posted.

No one ever said Altezzas where fast :blush: Although once you get them wound up over 5K they go alright.

Basic mods to start with after the air filter would be some Iridium spark plugs (NGK or Denso). Upgrade the earthing system. Clean the MAF sensor & throttle body. Replace the gear box oil with some RedLine MT-90 & diff oil with some 75w90 or 80w140 fully synthetic. Put some fully synthetic 5w30 or similar grade in the engine. Basically after doing all this it'll make it run like new again & maybe gain you a few HP.

If you want to get 240bhp out of it, you'd be looking at replacing the ECU with something like an Apexi Power FC, some mild cams, headers & possibly ITBs. Then swap the OE dual mass flywheel for a solid lightweight aftermarket unit from JUN or TRD.

You could go silly with a stroker kit but you'd be better of spending the same money on turboing it IMO.

Unfortunately there's no cheap 'n easy power upgrades for these things.

As for sourcing parts there's plenty of places on the net that'll ship direct from Japan like Nengun, JPS & ACNZA

TezzaWorld & Altezza Club are two good forums you should have a look at to get some ideas.

Don't forget to upgrading the suspension as it's well worth doing. Then you can enjoy the increadable chassis these things have to the fullest.

thanks for all that input guys, al get the breathing mod apexi filter n exhaust then al give the car an all over service, wax oil the under side and clean it inside and out, then learn how it handles and adjust accordingly. i have a lot to think about now lol will keep you's updated once i pick her up. also do i need to run high octanne fuel since its jdm 99r vpower for eg.

Yep the higher the octane fuel you can use the better. I run 98 in mine. Have tried our local E10 biofuel & it didn't like it but the lads in Ireland run their stuff alright. I run 95 when I'm in a place where 98 isn't available & you can feel the difference. It just doesn't want rev as well or pull as hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links