Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Ideas What This Could Be?

BigRichi

HI folks,

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks now as Im hoping to join the club and purchase a Lexus over the next week or so.

I am looking for a bit of advice though regards a car I have looked at.

I am sorry for being very vague but I only have vague info from the seller.

The problem is the Engine Management light is on......the seller was very open and honest about it....didnt try to hide it at all....said he had the car at lexus and they advised a sensor which stops the engine over revving needs replaced and would cost approx 200 if booked in with them.

I drove the car and it drove normally.

I am hoping to get an OBD reader onto it to get the code but does anybody have any ideas what the problem may be??

Thanks for any info

Richi

If a car has afault like that and the owner is not prepared to fix it before selling it ... it tells you something about the car maybe ... if you are interested in the car get him to fix it and you'll then test drive and if OK have it. Beware though some faults can dissappear for a while by disconnecting the Battery for 30 minutes.

HI folks,

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks now as Im hoping to join the club and purchase a Lexus over the next week or so.

I am looking for a bit of advice though regards a car I have looked at.

I am sorry for being very vague but I only have vague info from the seller.

The problem is the Engine Management light is on......the seller was very open and honest about it....didnt try to hide it at all....said he had the car at lexus and they advised a sensor which stops the engine over revving needs replaced and would cost approx 200 if booked in with them.

I drove the car and it drove normally.

I am hoping to get an OBD reader onto it to get the code but does anybody have any ideas what the problem may be??

Thanks for any info

Richi

Hi Richi - welcome to loc . personally I would ask him which Lexus dealers he took the car to and then phone them with the premise that you will be taking the car to them to get sorted and for future servicing etc. They should tell you if they have looked at the guys car and also tell you exactly what they have diagnosed. - worth a try anyway. Otherwise I wouldn't buy unless you know exactly what you the problem is.

thanks guys for the quick replies,

The guy has offered to fix it but unfortunately its right at the top of my budget just now. if he fixes it, it will be over budget.

i'm working to a very strict budget due to my last car being written off and only having the insrance payout to buy something new.

think gonna ask him if he can get something in black and white from lexua with exactly what work needs done.

then i can buy just now and book it in when i get paid in a couple of weeks.

Cheers again

Richi

got the code today...came back with

P1349 VVT System Malfunction (Bank 1)

serious??

Hello.

I found this:

Link

Sounds like a clean could be all that it needs to fix.

Googled it myself and found the same link but it was confusing the life out of me lol

But seems it isnt too serious

I might be joining the Lexus ranks soon B)

Richi

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links