Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaky Springs

new666uk

Hi all,

I've started to notice that I get bit of a creak from the front suspension usually when braking or show speed maneouvering (for example in car parks). Is this that the shocks or springs are getting on a bit?

I'm not overly worried as when I had a BMW 325 coupe the rear springs were prone to cracking at the top or bottom of the spring but it only really affected ride height (look at and E36 and you'll often see the back end seems low on one or both sides). My question is - should I be more worried on a Lexus that creaks? Its a 2001 SE model with just under 100k on it.

thanks

Paul

Hi all,

I've started to notice that I get bit of a creak from the front suspension usually when braking or show speed maneouvering (for example in car parks). Is this that the shocks or springs are getting on a bit?

I'm not overly worried as when I had a BMW 325 coupe the rear springs were prone to cracking at the top or bottom of the spring but it only really affected ride height (look at and E36 and you'll often see the back end seems low on one or both sides). My question is - should I be more worried on a Lexus that creaks? Its a 2001 SE model with just under 100k on it.

thanks

Paul

its the bushes they will be dry mate,get some silicone spray and spray all your bushes the noise will vanish i sprayed mine over a year ago and its still away.

Hi all,

thanks

Paul

its the bushes they will be dry mate,get some silicone spray and spray all your bushes the noise will vanish i sprayed mine over a year ago and its still away.

Easy as that? Thanks Ormi I'll give it a try. Any particular spray recommended?

Hi all,

thanks

Paul

Easy as that? Thanks Ormi I'll give it a try. Any particular spray recommended?

any silicone spray will do matey..

• 4 weeks later...

i have this same strange sorta noise... only when braking and turning at the same time..as u say in car parks etc..but if u try not braking and use the handbrake to slow you if needs be..does it dissapear? i traced my fault to the front brakes. checked at work and seems to be them. or has the silicone worked?

Had the same noises eminating from the front end on mine.

Get the lower swivels checked to be on the safe side.

Mine were shot to pieces and had about an inch lift on them.

My mate wouldn't let me out of his garage until they were done.........They were that bad.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links