Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brakes Or Caliper

:) hi all

when driving on a straight road (not braking) when the road get uneven

ive noticed that the car pulls to the left side

it happens when the road is uneven

ive had my geo done few weeks ago(it was there before the geo)and m.o.t 2 months ago(it passed)

and :crybaby: aso i have a creaking noise coming from the rear passengers side which sounds like the coil spring.

The sound is awful from inside the car It gets worse as the journey goes on and is more audible when going very slowly and pumping the brakes hard

car

03reg

all 4 new brakes and disks done may 09

i really hope you guys can help :)

wahid

If it was your caliper im sure you would notice the burning smell and the heat from the disc... my caliper was stuck a while back and this was exactly what it was doin.. swinging to the left..but then saying that when i took my foot off the pedal it would slow down very quick and was obv something was sticking/grinding.

possible your breaks? jack the car up and see if the wheels rotate easily.. if not then, you have narrowed down the problem

cheers

Izzy

If it was your caliper im sure you would notice the burning smell and the heat from the disc... my caliper was stuck a while back and this was exactly what it was doin.. swinging to the left..but then saying that when i took my foot off the pedal it would slow down very quick and was obv something was sticking/grinding.

possible your breaks? jack the car up and see if the wheels rotate easily.. if not then, you have narrowed down the problem

cheers

Izzy

thanks for reply mate

yes it is the caliper i did jack the car last night

the driver side was ok but over side was a bit hard to rotate

im going to copper grease the caliper to see what happens

thanks again

wahid

If it pulls to the left whilst driving with no breaks on then it can also be the tracking is out, there could be a drop link issues or suspension issue.

I'd check them all out first before looking at the brakes in isolation

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links