Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remap/tuning Box

Hi everyone. I bought a Lexus IS220d yesterday. I pick it up next week. I was looking to remap it in the near future but after 4 hours of trawling the Internet it appears that it can't be done (at least I can't find a site that lists the car) I have remapped other cars with great success and am reluctant to use these tuning boxes as I've heard to many bad things about them possibly damaging the car in the long term as they are not like a proper remap - they just make the engine over fuel.

Has anyone found anywhere that can remap the Lexus IS220d? If so can you post a link and can you post BHP and Torque figures after the remap. If the car can't br remapped does anyone have personal experience of using a tuning box? Can you post a link and could you give a bries descripyion of the power to the car - torque, smoothness, power through the rev range etc. I will have to do some research but could be tempted by a box if enough people can confirm they are using them without any problems. 2 that I have come across are Spider and a box from Lindtop Toyota http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DTUK

Try DTUK, everyone on the Vauxhall forums swear by their products with some excellent results and good warranty.

They don't have the Lexus listed but think the box for the Avensis 2.2D 177ps will do as it's the same engine, increase bhp to 205 and torque to 470nm.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links