Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Open Road Event At De Vere Oulton Hall, Leeds

kam05

I got invited to the Lexus Open Road event at De Vere Oulton Hall, Leeds yesterday. I intended to only to test drive the GS450h, IS250 saloon and ISF, but I ended up testing driving most of the Lexus range.

Pics below (Beware there are a lot of pics!):

De Vere Oulton Hall, near Leeds:

SNV30863.jpg

SNV30865.jpg

SNV30862.jpg

GS450h (this is one fast car):

SNV30864.jpg

SNV30859.jpg

SNV30861.jpg

SNV30860.jpg

IS250:

SNV30866.jpg

SNV30867.jpg

SNV30868.jpg

ISF (I thought the GS450h was fast, but this blew that out of the water!):

SNV30872.jpg

Me about to take the ISF out for a drive:

SNV30873.jpg

SNV30875.jpg

RX450h:

SNV30881.jpg

SNV30883.jpg

SNV30884.jpg

Hybrid engine of the RX:

SNV30882.jpg

LS600h (lwb):

SNV30889.jpg

SNV30890.jpg

Dials of the LS:

SNV30894.jpg

Hope you like the pics

Kam

Nice pics!

I was invited to that but decided not to go, I wish I had done. Which car was you favourite car on the day. I really want to test drive the LS600! How long was you able to take the car out and was it busy? I'll probably go to the next event, looks good!

Nice pics!

I was invited to that but decided not to go, I wish I had done. Which car was you favourite car on the day. I really want to test drive the LS600! How long was you able to take the car out and was it busy? I'll probably go to the next event, looks good!

The ISF was my favourite (and I would get one if I had the cash), but I reality, I'd probably buy the GS450h (not keen on the IS250 and the IS250C is too slow for my liking- guess it weighs a lot with the fold down roof). That LS600h is no slouch either! It wasn't really busy.

You could drive each car for up to 30 mins- there was a long queue of people to test the ISF- I guess that's to be expected.

I was attending my Niece's wedding on Saturday at Oulton Hall - I didnt know the Lexus thing was on but it was great to see the cars in the flesh although due to the wedding I didnt get to test drive anything.

If you saw a guy wandering around with a kilt on it was me...small world!

• 3 months later...

Hi Kam

I missed this when it was current but, same as Bobo, I have to say it is a small world. The cars look great and I would have loved to drive a few. However, other thoughts prevail.

I lived in the area until after University and the pic of the RX450 outside Oldroyds Farm brought back lots of memories. I played cricket at Carlton before settling in South Wales after University.

The venue was also an adventure playground used regularly before it became a golf course and then a De Vere. It was 40 years ago!

Thanks for the memories.

Hi Kam

I missed this when it was current but, same as Bobo, I have to say it is a small world. The cars look great and I would have loved to drive a few. However, other thoughts prevail.

I lived in the area until after University and the pic of the RX450 outside Oldroyds Farm brought back lots of memories. I played cricket at Carlton before settling in South Wales after University.

The venue was also an adventure playground used regularly before it became a golf course and then a De Vere. It was 40 years ago!

Thanks for the memories.

It was a lunatic asylum before De Vere bought it for £1 million and spent around another £6 million refurbishing it. I first stayed there (when it was the hotel :lol:) in 1965 not long after it opened. Still stay there frequently, next time being week after next.

Also played on the 18 hole golf course when it was a municiple course, before De Vere bought that and turned it into a PGA Championship course. Before that the original hotel golf course was a 9 hole.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links