Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Few Questions From Newbie

This is my first post on the Lexus forum, so a big Hello to all. I have just decided to buy the 220d SE that I saw and have now put a deposit for it. It was a nice car with FSH etc. Only problem I say with it were

1. The driver side controls for windows couldnt open or close the windows on the left (front and back). Dealer said there may be some option to enable this. However this was not the deal breaker for me. But is it true that you can enable/disable the ability of the drive to control what windows he/she can control, sounds silly.

2. The record showed that all alloys were replaced under waranty. I live and work next to the sea so I am a bit worried about the alloys getting corrosion. Is there some guide line on how to keep them corrosion free

cheers

1. The driver side controls for windows couldnt open or close the windows on the left (front and back). Dealer said there may be some option to enable this. However this was not the deal breaker for me. But is it true that you can enable/disable the ability of the drive to control what windows he/she can control, sounds silly.

I'm not aware of any option to do this. It is possible though to let the driver take sole control of the windows. Make sure that they fix this before taking delivery.

2. The record showed that all alloys were replaced under waranty. I live and work next to the sea so I am a bit worried about the alloys getting corrosion. Is there some guide line on how to keep them corrosion free

Just about everyone gets their alloys replaced under warranty. Mine were done at 18 months and a just a year on the new ones are merrily corroding away. I doubt there's anything you can do about it short of buying a set of non-Lexus alloys. All my previous cars have not shown any corrosion for at least 5 years, so it's got nothing to do with my driving style or cleaning regime.

All Lexus alloys corrode- that's a fact. They don't put enough laquer on them in the factory, so in the winter when they put down all that salt and grit it starts to corrode the alloys. Your best best is to have the OEM Lexus ones refurbished by someone like Pristine- they will do a good job of refurbising the alloys as they will coat them with hard wearing laquer.

Thanks people

I just spoke to the dealer who says hes booked in the car at the garage to get the window switches fixed and now accepts they are faulty.

I guess I'll just have to keep them clean and use some protectant like Supagard Alloy Wheel or something like that.

Cheers

Thanks people

I just spoke to the dealer who says hes booked in the car at the garage to get the window switches fixed and now accepts they are faulty.

I guess I'll just have to keep them clean and use some protectant like Supagard Alloy Wheel or something like that.

Cheers

the window switches may not be faulty. If the Battery has been disconnected, they need to reinitialize. Step by step process is described in the owners manual.

Thanks people

Cheers

the window switches may not be faulty. If the Battery has been disconnected, they need to reinitialize. Step by step process is described in the owners manual.

OH

I dont have the owners manual yet but http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25999 the US forum has PDFs, i'll go through them to find out how this is done and send this info on to dealer

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links