Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

They did work when I bought the car 2 years ago but packed up soon after.

Id like to get them working again. But how?

Ive looked at all the fuses but none of them seem to be for the H/L washers.

Hi it may be a silly answer but you are trying to wash them with the lights switched on. I thought mine had packed in but switched on the lights & they work. ta Mark

Hi it may be a silly answer but you are trying to wash them with the lights switched on. I thought mine had packed in but switched on the lights & they work. ta Mark

Its not a silly answer. I didnt know that.

Just been out and switched the lights on with the engine running just to be on the safe side. NOTHING. I did notice though that the park and other lights on the dash dim for a second when i push the H/L wash button. But no water. Not even a dribble and nothing under the car on teh floor.

Its not a silly answer. I didnt know that.

Just been out and switched the lights on with the engine running just to be on the safe side. NOTHING. I did notice though that the park and other lights on the dash dim for a second when i push the H/L wash button. But no water. Not even a dribble and nothing under the car on teh floor.

Hi. It sounds like the electrics are working but in view of the length of time since they squirted, I would think the nozzles are blogged. Clear these out first using a decent needle (a pin is too small). If that doesnt work then trace the tube back to any joints and check they arent blogged. If you find a blocked tube but cant get to the blockage, try Milton sterilising fluid (others are available!) and leave in the blocked pipe preferably overnight. DoNOT use drain cleaner in case any gets on the paint work. And at risk of stating the b......g obvious, you do have water in the system dont you? Dont let the motor run without water but do give it a good chance to get through; it will have back-syphoned and/or evaporated due to lack of use. Let us know how it goes please.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links